Familiar

I breathe a sigh of relief as I hear the bell ring. Today was a stressful day even though it was the first day. But, I was happy I found out my first victim. 

    As a result I was smiling as I exited art classroom. I was practically skipping through the hall as I made it to my locker. Hell, as I was packing up my stuff I talked to Axel.

   He found it bizarre. I think he was happy I was talking to him at all. Meaning he probably had a crush on me. So, maybe he'll be my second victim. I'm just great at planning things.

   After I zipped up my backpack, I threw it over my shoulder. I rushed outside to find the bus that would take me home. And, once I finally got in I sat in the back seat. Now I was waiting for everyone else to get on.

   I decided to look out the window to enjoy the scenery of the middle school parking lot. While most of it consisted of blacktop and white cement sidewalks, there was a lone pine tree I liked to look at. It looks to be about 18ft tall and you could see the sun right on top of it at this time. It kinda makes me think of the big Christmas tree in the Polar Express, but without the decorations.

    As I was peacefully looking at the tree, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turn around to see... Veronica. "Can I sit here?" she says pointing to the seat.

  "Hey, Haley! Wait is that your name?" a blond tomboy asks me. Wait is that Ella? It is...

    "Yeah, Haley Hopkins. Why are you here?" I ask. She plopped right down next to me and said, "You forgot to thank me for saving your ass you know." "I'm sorry..." Ella interrupted, "No, it's cool. I just wanna get to know you more." Is that how it all started?

    The Ella hugs me. No, she never touched me before. So...

    "Are you okay?" a voice asks. I look down to see a girl will caramel skin looking up at me. And, then a drop of water hits her face. Was I crying?

   I immediately push her off and start wiping my face. "What's wrong with you I'm completely fine!" I blurted out. "Okay... do you want me to move?" she said as she stood up to go back to the isle. 

   " Veronica, sit down! We're gonna be moving soon!" the bus driver yelled. Veronica... that's right I'm supposed to befriend her, so I can kill her. So, before she can move to the next seat over, I pulled her back down. "Stay," I said.