Regret

" Alright students," Mr. Haas states, " today's the day we talk about the ample amount of extracurricular activity opportunities Oakland Middle School has to offer." "Boys, you have multiple masculine activities to get your testosterone pumping. Foot ball! Basketball! Wrestling! Archery! And, If your not into sports there's wood working, STEM, and debate clubs."

   A small red haired girl raised her hand. "Yes, Katherine?" Mr. Haas inquired. "How bout us girls? What do we have?" Katherine asked. "Well, that would be cooking, cheer, knitting, book talk, and drama." Mr. Haas answered.

   Axel then poked me in the shoulder and asked, "Does he realize anyone can join those clubs?" I simply shrugged in response. Then, he asked, "What club do you plan to join? Since they're mandatory this year." 

   Wait, what? I turn to him and signal for him to repeat it again. But, he just said, "Did you not read the filer Mrs. Patrick gave us? It said it at the bottom in bold." 

     You have got to be kidding me! I didn't want to hangout with a bunch of my classmates for the whole year. Especially if it's we have to meet over something I hate. 

     He then pointed to the book on my desk and says, " Maybe try the book talk club. I mean you obviously like to read if you have it here." I shook my head. No one is usually interested in books about monsters and other paranormal creatures, especially girls.

    But, then I thought for a second. Realizing it was probably the best option out there. Every other club would probably be filled with obnoxious people, especially the drama club. "You know what you're probably right, Axel." I said completely defeated.

    "Well, if it helps you could join me in the cooking club." He added. I looked at him absolutely dumbfounded at what he said. Axel cooking... I mean he looked like the type of dude to play sports. 

        He blushes and says, "It's really for my mom. She's terminally ill and can't get out of bed." Wow! Did he really have to make up I lie like that? His mom literally drives him to school.

       But, before I could call him out Mr. Haas yelled, "Haley, Axel, could you please focus so you won't be confused about what to do when you pick your clubs in the gymnasium!" "Sorry, sir. I was just helping her figure out what club she should choose." Axel responds. Mr. Haas looks at me. Then, he beamed a smile at Axel and praised him for helping a classmate.

       After, Mr. Haas explains how we'll choose our clubs, the announcements come on. "Mr. Haas and Mrs. Patrick, please take your home room students to the gymnasium. So, he or she can pick their clubs for the school year." the voice echoed. Great, we're first. Mr. Haas the tells us to get into a straight line and follow him to the gymnasium. Which all except the class clown obey. 

    Once we finally make it to the gymnasium, I see Mrs. Patrick's class had gotten there before us. I see a few familiar faces: some dude named David; who was in most of my classes last year, Jenny; the quiet kid who worked on a group project with me, Sheila; the most popular and mean girl in the whole school, and Veronica. She was looking around the room. She looked a bit worried until she saw me.

      She ran right to me and gave me a hug. I pushed her off me because I didn't like the feeling it gave me when she embraced me. It felt like I was sick to my stomach, but in a good way. 

       "Sorry," she apologized, "I thought it was fine because of what happened yesterday." This causes Axel to have a perplexed look on his face. He looked like he was about to ask, but he simply excused himself and walked toward the cooking club stand. 

        "So, ummm... you want to join a club together? I have a nice one in mind." Veronica asked. At first I was going to say no. But, I realized I could get closer to her that way. So, I nodded.

        However, I soon regretted that decision as she motioned me to follow her to the drama club. I really wish I could turn back time to before I had agreed. I honestly can't stand theater kids. Because well the tended to be dramatic and annoying.

        I started praying that she would have changed her mind when she started signing the roster. But, they weren't answered. Because she handed the roster and pen to me. Since it was too late to back out I signed the sheet. 

I am certainly going to regret this...