More Tomato Soup

It was lunch again. This time I wanted to be alone. So, I sat at a table behind the popular girls. They snorted as I walked by. But, I didn't care.

    I sat down and opened my lunchbox. There was just a small barely filled plastic bag of pumpkin seeds and a mini slice of a ham sandwich. You have got to be kidding me. This was my dad's idea of a meal. Though, he did at least get some food I liked.

    "You okay?" I hear Veronica ask. What the... how did she find me? I turned to see her looking at the contents of my lunchbox with concern. Please don't tell me we'll also be arguing about this lunch too.

       She sighed and pulled out a metal container. She then put it in front of me and said, "You know your absolutely hopeless at making a meal for yourself. Just take the soup I know you'll need it." 

       Huh, why's she being so brash all of a sudden? Was she finally showing her true colors? She then sat down right next to me this time. She was looking at the container then at me like she wanted me to eat it.

      So, I opened it and let the smell of tomatoes enter my nostrils. I thought it was the same tomato soup her grandma had made. But, it tasted a bit watery. 

      I originally thought it was because tomatoes were starting to be out of season. So, it would naturally start to taste bad. Then, I noticed how Veronica was intently looking at my face. Did she possibly make this herself?

       "Is something wrong?" she asked. Now there wasn't a doubt in my mind that she had made it. But, why for me? I mean there were better people to make something for.

        "No, it's actually pretty good." I responded. Should I tell her I know? Yes I should. "Though I can tell you definitely made this." I added.

        She blushed a bright pink. "You could just say it's bad you know." she says. "It isn't though. You're just not a master at it like your grandma." I replied. Wait, that might hurt her feelings. "Wait, what I'm trying to say is you definitely have cooking experience. But, it's not as much as your grandma's since she's probably been cooking even longer then you." I quickly added.

        And, she chuckles making me start to go red. "You know that's good to here." she says, "I'm glad you liked it. Since I'm now going to make you it everyday." "What?" I blurted out. "Should I not do that?" she asks. "No, I mean only if you want to." I said. "It's a deal then," she replied while smiling.

       Now, my face was a completely red and the fever was back. What was this girl doing to me? "Or maybe I should make something else, so you don't actually become a tomato?" she teased as she booped my nose.