Accident

I was stressed out from the drama club meeting. So, I decided to calm down by a nice long walk home. I would have to go through the forest in the back. My mom would often discourage me from going in there since there were wild animals, sinkholes that led to abandoned coal mines, and worst of all a cult of deranged drug addicts. 

        But, the place was still a safe space for me to get away from reality. I'd often hangout near the small stream that went through it. However, I knew I must not dawdle or my mom would find out and ground me like last year. So, I passed it only looking back to catch a glimpse of it's nice silvery color.

        As I turned right I heard the snap of a branch and the sound of footsteps running in my direction. I immediately grabbed a big tree branch and without looking to see who was behind me I swung. I heard the thwack of it hitting something and they fell to the ground. I breathed a sigh of relief.

        But, as I turned around I saw the curly haired girl from the drama club on the ground. In her left hand she held a flier. Was she trying to give that to me? 

        I picked it up and saw it was a flier for the Young Reader's club 2018 to 2019. That was last year. How the fuck did she have it? 

        But, that should have been the last think on my mind right now. The girl was clearly knocked unconscious. I knew there was no way to explain this was an accident. I had to kill her and get rid of the body. Somewhere no one would find it.

        I remembered there was a sinkhole not too far from here. I could just chuck her in. She would either suffocate while sinking or starve to death in the mines. So, it would look like some tragic accident.

        I breathed in and out before I picked up one of her arms. Dragging her was a lot harder than I thought. She was a bit heavy and kept getting stuck in a few holes in the ground. Eventually I made it to about a foot away from the hole.

         I grunted as I picked her body up and tossed it into the hole. Though to my dismay she started waking up while she was sinking. I grabbed a nearby branch and threw it as hard as I could at her head.

         However that only caused her to yelp. She the realized that she was sinking into the ground. Luckily her squirming only made her sink even faster than she would have originally. 

         As her last hope she screamed out for help. This made me feel a bit bad for what I had done. But, there was no way I could back out now. She kept screaming and screaming until she had either sunken or just couldn't scream anymore.

          I didn't care to stick around to see which had happened. Cause I felt sick for what I had done. I ran all the way home. Where my dad was standing on the porch....

         He didn't say a word and I thought I was in trouble. Until my mom asked him where I'd been. "She and I went to McDonald's since she told me she joined the Drama club." he said. I mentally thanked him before I went to my room.