Past

Dipper Pov

Yesterday was very emotional for me and for everyone. We found out so much about our family and how they were betrayed. We just have to figure out who did and why.

I keep thinking about Bill. I just wanted him to hold me more but it was getting late... I just can't bear to see him hurt and I let everything break down. I hate that he's right... What if the worse happens and I become numb? I still have to protect Mabel and now I promise to look after Will.

I need to talk to Mabel and ask her about my- my attachments to Bill. I know the library cannot help me with this question, but maybe she could. She is engaged after all to a powerful lady.

I was about to knock on her door until she opened it. I scared her by accident.

"Bloody hell," Mabel said.
"I'm sorry, but I was about to knock, " I told her.
"You look tense, is something bothering you?" Mabel asked.
"I-I need to talk to you about something," I explained.
"Of course," Mabel closed the door and I followed her.

I looked at Mabel and I didn't know how to say what I was feeling.

"I need advice about something," I mumbled.
"Advice about what?" Mabel asked me.
"I-I have," I started to clear my throat, "A question."
"A question about what?" Mabel gave me a weird look.
"Um... How do I explain this?" I muttered.
"Should we discuss this later?" Mabel asked me, "You seem to be having a bit of trouble."
"Mabel! Dipper!" Fredrick shouted.
"Yes?" We both answered.
"Marylin wants everyone in the common room," Fredrick told us.
"Alright,"

We both went to the common room and we saw everyone seated. We sat next to Bill and Will as everyone was quiet.

"I ask you all here today to discuss certain concerns that some of us have," Marylin said, "So far we haven't found Annabelle or even a single trace of her. We are waiting for the main manor to help us with our problem and when it is solved we will be able to move on and finally figure out the plan."

She let out a soft sigh and stared at us.

"Lillian, Jackson, Bill, Will, Mabel, and Dipper," Marylin said, "You will be going on a mission and it is a led about our current situation."

Marylin gave Jackson a piece of paper and we were signaled to leave the room. We followed Jackson as he lead us to a room that made me feel a little uncomfortable. We were given cloaks.

I felt Bill's finger wrapped around mine. I felt my face heat up and I looked down at my feet so no one could see my face. Jackson opened the door and I saw a glowing portal. We all stepped through the portal. I stayed close to Bill as I felt pulled closer to him.

"Where are we going?" Mabel asked.
"Apparently, we've been given some information that the owner of this house may know who wanted to buy you too," Jackson shared what was on the paper, "I don't understand why they made Lillian come knowing the establishment."
"Why not?" Lillian crossed her arms.
"We're going to The Red House," Jackson smirked.
"What's that place?" Mabel whispered to Bill.
"It's a place where people...um," Bill was a little embarrassed to explain, "I feel bad..."
"This doesn't feel right," Will muttered.
"It's a brothel," I smiled, "They also sell drugs, but that's different than the sexual stuff."
"Oh?" Mabel slightly moved her head, "That's interesting I didn't know the underworld had brothels."
"We're going to her brothel!" Lillian shouted.