The Key to the Gear Heart

Third Person

Mabel was promised that she could write a little once a week to Pacifica. It's been a few weeks since the failed attempt of a recuse mission happened.

They were still safe in the walls and not being able to leave the manor wasn't a big deal with the twin anymore. Mabel's powers started to come out often and she would try everything to keep them in.

She asked her brother to kill everything that she grew or brought back to life on accident. Dipper has trouble controlling his, but it never showed. He stopped killing living things by force. It was different than he didn't know or notice. It was in his mind that started to take over.

"I bloody hate this," Mabel groaned.
"I'm sorry that you're powers have been coming out lately," Dipper said.
"You're lucky," Mabel pouted, "You can control it better than me. You've stopped murdering things on accident."
"Please don't say murdering," Dipper muttered, "I don't mean to hurt things."
"Sorry," Mabel said, "I just want to learn how to control it like you."
"Honestly, I don't know how I did," Dipper confessed.
"Really? It just happens?" Mabel asked him.
"I guess," Dipper answered.
"Maybe, my body still has to get used to it," Mabel said.
"Maybe," Dipper agreed.
"Yeah!" Mabel was set on that answer.

Dipper and Mabel were walking around while having that conversation. Until they heard something coming from the hallway. It was a small machine with wheels and steams was coming out of it.

The twins looked at it and it stopped right in front of them. Mabel picked it up and saw a key on the side.

"I wonder if that's how fast it can go?" Mabel muttered.
"Put that gear here and if we loosen it then it'll probably go faster," Dipper said.

Dipper loosens the bolt and Mabel moved the gear towards them. Mabel turned the key and pointed it back where it came from.

"It's going faster!" Mabel cheered.

They followed the small machine and saw a male walking around with an apron covered in oil.

"Excuse me!" Mabel shouted, "Is this machine yours?"
"Ah yes! Thank you for finding it," He thanked them, "I lost track of it while trying to see how fast I can make it go."
"We made it go faster," Mabel smiled, "We didn't mean to fool around with your machine."
"I'm glad you did," He said, "I've been trying to figure out a way for it to go faster without blowing it to pieces."
"Hahaha, I've seen my fair share of blowing things to pieces," Mabel chuckled, "It takes time but you can do it."
"My name is Benjamin, but everyone calls me Benj," Benjamin smiled.
"My name is Mabel and this is my brother Dipper," Mabel introduced.
"Are you two good with gears and such?" Benjamin asked them.
"We own a shop and we fix simple things," Dipper smiled.
"We know much about gears," Mabel smiled.
"Want to join me in the shop? We have one in here with things that people could only dream of," Benjamin smirked.
"Alright!" Dipper and Mabel smiled.

They followed Benjamin toward the shop that they had. It was wonderful! It was filled with tools and unfinished projects.

"I miss being inside a shop," Mabel explored the area.
"No one here comes inside this shop and it gets pretty lonely," Benjamin awkwardly smiles, "No one seems to enjoy this as I do."
"We've had a knack for things like this since we were young," Dipper smiled.
"What are you inventing?" Mabel asked Benj.
"Weapons and tools for fighters," Benjamin went to the back and handed them aprons, "We can't let our clothing get filthy."
"I'm used by the filth of the gears at this point," Dipper chuckled.
"Aren't we all?" Mabel smirked.
"Haha!"