Almost Eaten

POV Bill

A week had passed since we went to the red house. I could tell that Sapling was still upset about the whole situation. Marylin hadn't asked about what had happened in the red house.

Will and Mabel were doing research about Angels and also other things that may be useful. I haven't seen Pinetree in a while and I'm a bit worried.

I decided to go to the library and to see if he was there. I teleported to the library since that would be the fastest way to find him. I started to walk around the library and I couldn't find him at first. I hope he isn't hidden or sitting on the ground since he's small.

"Sapling!" I shouted.

I waited a bit and heard Pinetree answer. I went towards his voice and he was in the farthest corner of the library. This area was a little dark since the curtains were closed.

"Pinetree, what are you doing here alone?" I asked him.
"I just wanted to be in a quiet place," Pinetree answered, "People rarely come inside the library."

I sat down next to Sapling and I felt him place his head on my shoulder. I placed my arm around his shoulder.

"Sapling," I muttered, "I know you enjoy the quiet but does this have anything to do with what had happened?"
"I just hate him so much, Bill. Recently all I've been thinking about is..." Sapling covered his mouth.
"Is what?" I asked him.
His voice shook as he whispered, "Killing him or just anyone..."
"It's okay," I told him, "I can say that you're not the only one who wanted to kill him."

Sapling looked at me and I knew that he didn't want that responsibility.

"Sapling," I mumbled, "I know we have those moments where anger consumes us to the point of those thoughts. I know that you would never hurt anyone that does not deserve it."
"Bill, I-I just feel like I need to," Sapling hugged himself, "That I need to kill someone."
"What do you mean by that?" I asked him.

My eyes widen when I noticed what Sapling was doing. I felt my face heat up and he was undressing himself.

"Sapling!" I closed his shirt, "What are you doing?"
"My marks are appearing and they're changing," Sapling said, "Look..."

I slowly opened his shirt and he made his marks glow. They were different in a way.

"When did this start?" I asked him.
"I just noticed it today," Sapling told me, "Earlier today... I was upset and I saw my marks glow and there it was."
"We can figure this out," I placed a hand on his cheek, "I'm right here."

I felt Sapling's hand on top of mine. He pressed his cheek into my hand and I felt his thumb rub on my hand.

"Thank you for being with me," Sapling looked at me with soft eyes.
"Bill!" I heard Mabel shout.
"Dipper!" Will shouted.

I started to button up his shirt and I smile softly at him.

"Let's go see what our brother and sister want."

Sapling agreed and we went over to find them. When we found them they were in a slight panic. Will's shirt was ripped and he had a small starch. Mabel's dress was ripped, one of her sleeves was missing, and she had a scratch on her shoulder.