Letter

Pov Dipper

Mabel and I were given different rooms across the hall from each other. It's been a few days. I still didn't know who to feel with everything. Why do so many people want us?

The first person I befriended isn't even giving me eye contact anymore. Did I scare her too much? I didn't know what I was doing! It just happened.

I heard a gentle knock on my door and I went to open it. I saw Mabel with some ink and paper in her hands.

"Do you have a table in here by any chance?" Mabel asked.
"I have a chair and the dresser?" I told her.
"That will do just fine," Mabel smiled.

Mabel entered my room and I quickly closed the door. I sit down and waited Mabel to finish writing her letter. I knew what it was about, but I don't think they'll allow us to send it.

"Dipper?" Mabel muttered, "Do you think this looks good?"
I picked it up and read it out loud, "My dearest Pacifica, I apologize for not answering your letters from months ago. I will not be able to see your letters that you've written. My heart aches that I won't be able to return the letters for sometime. Something has come up and we won't be at the shop for sometime. I'm safe and we'll. I hope you get this in good health and satisfaction. Sincerely, Mabel Pines <3"
"So?" Mabel asked.
"You did great," I smiled, "They'll have to let you send it."
"You think?" Mabel smiled.
"Yes,"

Mabel quickly stood up only to tear her dress with the chair. Mabel frowned and looked at me before stomping her foot on the ground.

"Bloody hell!"
"It's okay," I tried to claim her down, "We can fix it!"
"And with what?" Mabel asked me.
"We need a needle and thread," I pointed out.
"I know that, but where would we find that?" Mabel groaned.
"I don't know, but we can ask someone," I suggested.

Mabel and I wondered around the halls until we saw a maid.

"Pardon me?" I muttered.
"What may I do you for?" She smiled.
"In any chance can you led me a needle and some thread?" Dipper asked.
"Did something rip? I can fix it right up for you if you like," She offered.
"No, thank you. I can do it myself," I smiled.
"Follow me,"

Mabel and I followed her and she gave us the needle and thread. We both thanked her and she was off. I put the thread into the needle and kneeled down to fix her dress.

"Do you think that we should help around here?" Mabel asked, "Since we are staying."
"W-We can, but they probably won't let us," I answered, "Marilyn wants us to be safe and not do anything."
"That's plain," Mabel groaned, "I miss fixing clockwork and other things."
"I know, I know, but the more we listen," I said, "The less likely we'll be in danger."

I finished and Mabel smiled softly. We left the room and we saw another maid with lots of plates. She was close to falling.

"Ah!"
Mabel caught a few plates, "Careful!"
"I'm sorry," She said, "There just so many."
"May we assist you?" I asked.
"Please!" She asked.

Mabel and I grabbed a few plates from her and we walked with her. We can deal with the letter later.

"My name is Mabel," Mabel grinned.
"Dipper," I smiled.
"My name is Angela," Her smile was wider than ours, "When did you start working here?"