Ch.2: The First Week

Darkness was now across the land. The Hogwarts Express was now resting from the long trip at the Hogsmeade Station. The three boys, now in their robes, exited the train. "Right then come on now!" A large man with long black hair and beard called to the new students as they hopped off the train. "First years this way please. Don't be shy." Y/n, Harry, and Ron squeezed through the front. "Hello Hagrid." Harry greeted. "Hello Harry." The giant responded. "Whoa." Ron stated in awe.

The first year students followed Hagrid down to a dock where several boats floated above the Black Lake. "No more than four a boat." Hagrid said as he boarded a boat. Y/n, Harry, and Ron took a seat on an empty boat that was later filled with them and another boy who introduced himself as Neville.

"Did ya ever find your toad?" Y/n asked the boy who, with a saddened look, shook his head. As they turned a corner of a hill, the view of the lustrous castle came into view. Many lanterns danced and reflected off the large castle that rested ontop of a hill. The students' eyes lit up as they stared in awe and wonder. The boats had entered a tunnel underneath the castle. Having docked at a new location, Hagrid stood up along with the students who followed. "Before we continue, I found this toad earlier on one of the boats." "Trevor!" Neville exclaimed as he stepped forward. Hagrid handed the boy his toad. "Slippery little buggers they are. Best keep a close eye on Trevor. Now then."

Hagrid and the students walked up a staircase that led them to a large hall with two large doors facing them. A woman with emerald green robes and a black witch hat stood by the doors in a respectful manner. "Here they are Professor." "Thank you Hagrid. I'll take it from here." "Very well then." Hagrid smiled as he took his leave.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup. The Sorting Ceremony will begin shortly." With that said, she left the students to wait.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train." A familiar blonde boy stood before the crowd along with two, big for their age, boys who stood behind him as bodyguards. "Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." The crowd burst into whispers at hearing Harry's name. "This is Crabbe, and Goyle." He introduced his lackies. "And I'm Malfoy... Draco Malfoy." Ron snickered. "Think my name's funny, do you?" Draco glared at Ron, studying him. "No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley. Well soon find that some wizarding are better than others, Potter. Dont want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He extended his hand for a shake.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks." Harry spat, ignoring the shake. Draco scowled before his eyes drifted to Y/n. "Well if it isn't L/n." With that Crabbe and Goyle began to approach the boy who simply raised his brow. "Not yet." Draco stood between the two. "You're time will come L/n. We'll have ourselves a little duel sometime." "We have 7 years for me to humiliate you. I'm ready anyday." Y/n smirked as he had clearly gotten under Draco's skin. Before he could respond, a tap on his shoulder gained his attention. "We're ready for you now." McGonagall said sternly as she began to lead the first years into the Great Hall.

The students had entered a room with four long tables with students that stretched to the end of the Hall towards a platform with another table that had the teachers and staff. Many candles floated throughout the room. The ceiling seemed to be displaying the stary night they had seen from the outside. "It's not real, the ceiling." Hermione said to anyone who heard, in this case Y/n. "It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History."