Ch.19: Hogsmeade I

Y/n entered the Hall after his talk with Lupin. He meet the gazing eyes of his fellow third years. A flash broke him from his wondering eyes. "Hi Y/n." Colin greeted with a big smile. "Uh. Hey Colin. Way to make an entrance." "Sorry." Colin looked around. "Must have you a bit distracted don't they?" "Yeah. Just a bit." Y/n looked passed Colin and saw Hermione approaching the two. "Hey Y/n. Can I talk to you?" She said. "Yeah. Colin can you give a moment?" "Of course. Being see you." "Bye Colin." Hermione waved at the boy.

"What did you want to talk about?" Y/n asked. "Not here." Hermione took Y/n's hand and the two exited the Hall. Hermione took Y/n to the courtyard where they stood in an opening that viewed the Black Lake. The sun's rays broke through the scattered clouds, shining light against the water. "I'm worried." Hermione began. "We said we would be there for each other and I feel like your hiding something from me. I know it must've been horrible down there. But if there's something wrong, I want you to be able to tell me." "It scares me, Hermione, that for two years straight we've had to deal with things bigger than us. My mum has probably gone into hiding but won't tell me. There's constant threat of you, Harry, or Ron getting hurt. It scares me to think that I'm not strong enough to keep you all safe." Hermione smiled and held Y/n's hand tightly in her own. "You don't have to feel so pressured Y/n. You're a talented wizard. The bravest I know. You are strong. Even more than you know."

The two stood in silence for a moment. "That night, in the Chamber, all I could think about was how I can help you get back to normal. I was so angry that I was willing to do whatever it takes. When Harry and I found Ginny, I was worried for Ron. Then the Basilisk came and chased Harry. I wanted to do everything I could make things right. When I dueled Tom and he blasted me into the pool of water, I felt like I failed. I thought Harry would've been killed. Ginny would have died. And you stay petrified." "But you didn't. You stopped  the Basilisk, helped Harry, saved Ginny and protected the school from Tom. Y/n, you've already done so much, not just to the school, but for us. Me. Don't ever think your a failure for anything. Because you aren't." Y/n didn't respond.

"How about we get our minds off of this and have some fun for a change?" Y/n turned to Hermione in confusion. "It's almost time for our trip to Hogsmeade. It'll be good to have fun for awhile." "I suppose you're right." "Aren't I always." Y/n smiled. "You are great Hermione." "So are you."

A few weeks passed and the third years were gathering in the courtyard that lead to the exit out of the castle. Students handed their permission slips to Filch who, along with McGonagall, would be chaperoning the trip. "Now remember, these trips to Hogsmeade are a privilege." McGonagall began. "Should your behaviour reflect poorly on the school in anyway, that privilege will not be extended again." Harry raced to McGonagall with his slip. "No permission slip signed, no trip. That's the rule Mr. Potter." "Those with permission follow me. Those without stay put." Filch began to lead students out of the castle while the trio stayed behind. "Professor, I thought I maybe you could sign it, I could-" "I can't. Only a parent or a guardian can sign it. And since I am neither it would be inappropriate. I'm sorry Potter. That is my final word." McGonagall took her leave. The trio looked at their friend with pity. "Forget about it guys. See you later." Harry turned and left.

Thr trio made their way out of the castle where the horseless carriages stood waiting. Most of the carriages were full. Ron joined Dean and Seamus leaving Y/n and Hermione to sit in one alone. "I don't get it. Why didn't Harry just fake his tubby uncle's signature." Y/n said as he took a seat. "Well for one the slips have a charm that prevents us from doing that. And second, it would be wrong for Harry to do that." "You're really worried about rule breaking still? Last I remember, you set a teacher's cloak on fire." "Shut up Y/n." "What? It was brilliant. Although Snape did nothing wrong, you can't tell me you don't feel a little bit of satisfaction from doing that." "I don't." Hermione glared at Y/n and looked away, trying to hide a smile.