Ch.9: Flight to Hogwarts

After the pleasant discussion with Lucius, the group continued their shopping. Some time had passed and Arthur had returned to the Burrow along with the twins and Percy. Molly stayed behind with Ginny to contour to show her around Diagon Alley. Ron stayed as well. The quartet had split from their parents and were walking through the less crowded alley.

"Are you alright Y/n?" Hermione asked. "Yeah mate. You snapped." Ron added. "I'm fine. Just lost some sense. I said some stupid stuff I regret." "You mean about your parents and uncle?" Ronald!" Hermione smacked the red head's arm. "It's fine guys. I'm not gonna keep it a secret from you. My dad was murdered by Voldemort as well." He looked at Harry. "My mum said he tried to protect us. A short while after he died, my uncle was arrested. She doesn't want to tell me why. And now, after first year, my mum said she would disappear for a while. Maybe years, but I don't know why."

"It'll be alright." Harry stepped forward. "Yeah. We're here for you. Anything you need. Anything at all." Hermione added. Ron simply smiled and nodded in agreement. "Thanks guys." Y/n smiled softly. He thought about telling them of the scrolls, but opted to wait.

"Ron! Harry! Y/n!" Molly called. "It's time to go home." She waved over. "Guess we'll be seeing you Hermione." Harry said as he and Ron departed. "Wait Y/n." Hermione pulled the boy into a hug. "Remember what I said. If you need anything. I'll be here." "Funny." Y/n said returning the embrace. "I thought I said that to you." Hermione chuckled. "But seriously. Thanks Hermione." The two separated. "I'll see you in a few weeks." "Bye."

And the weeks passed as quickly as they came. After getting out of the cramped Anglia, the Weasleys, Y/n and Harry swiftly made their way to Platform 9 3/4.

"10:58 come on come on." Arthur announced as he helped Ginny with her trolley. "Train will be leaving any moment." Molley added. "Fred, George, Percy you first." Arthur instructed as his eldest sons entered through the column and into the platform. "Go ahead dear." Molly said to Ginny who followed after her brothers. "After you dear." Arthur and Molly entered the column, leaving the three 2nd years behind.

"Let's go." Harry took the lead with Ron following him and Y/n following Ron. Harry took his running start but instead of phasing through the column, he crashed into the wall sending him flying over his trolley, Ron followed suit and so did Y/n. "What was that?" Y/n groaned as he stood up. "Ow." Ron rubbed his leg. "Oi!" Called a security. "What do you think you're doing?" "Sorry." Harry rubbed his arm. "Lost control of the trolley." The man simply shook his head and left.

"Why can't we get through?" Harry asked his friends. "Better yet, why didn't we just travel via Floo Powder?" Y/n said. "I don't know." Ron shrugged, eyeing Harry. He then turned to the column. "It seems sealed this way for some reason."

A clock chimed which gained the three's attention. "The train leaves at exactly 11 o'clock. We missed it." Harry said. "Guys, if we can't get through, maybe mum and dad can't get back." Ron whimpered. "Should we just wait by the car?" Y/n suggested. "I mean what else can we do at this point." "The car?" Ron repeated.

The three returned to the car and placed their belongings in the boot. Y/n hoped in the back seat with Hedwig and Scabbers while Harry took the passenger seat and Ron the driver's. Before Y/n and Harry knew it, Ron had started the car and pulled a lever which slowly made the Anglia ascend into the air.

"Really!? We couldn't just wait!?" Y/n exclaimed as he looked out of the window. "Ron I should tell you." Harry began. "Most Muggles aren't accustomed to seeing a flying car." "Uh. Right." Ron said a he pushed the button to make it invisible to Muggles.

The three were driving through the clouds while Ron and Harry chatted. Y/n simply tapped his foot on the ground. "You're a complete moron Ron." He said. "What are you on about?" "We could've just waited by the car for your parents. If we do get to Hogwarts, whose to say we won't get into trouble." Harry looked at Y/n then to Ron. "You've been talking to Hermione too much. You're starting to act like her." "Well when she's not around, one of us has to be the responsible one."