Year 2 Ch.8: Diagon Alley

Summer break was reaching its end and like Y/n had suspected, it was interesting. He had gotten to know the Weasley's well, and although they weren't the wealthiest of families, they were admirable and respectable. Y/n spent most of break with Ron and the twins. They'd spent summer goofing off with Percy and around the house. Y/n had also gotten to know Ginny. They'd make a great team playing Quidditch as Chasers on their homemade hoop. Ron, who played Keeper, would struggle to save any shot from the duo.

"Hey Y/n." Ron called. The two were in Ron's room. "Have you gotten any letters from Harry?" "Nope." Y/n reached into his trunk and pulled out a stack of letters he received. "Just letters from Neville, Seamus, and Hermione. But now that you mention it. It is strange he hasn't written anything." "Yeah. You think maybe his uncle has anything to do with it?"

Harry had told them of his nasty uncle Vernon, aunt Petunia, and cousin Dudley. "Maybe. Based on what Harry said, I wouldn't put it past them to take his letters."

"What are you two on about?" Fred said as he and George entered the room. "Harry. He hasn't sent a letter. We've sent several and he's never responded." Ron stood up from his bed. "I was thinking it had to do with his uncle."

George looked at Fred and the two smirked. "We could always... drop by." George began. "Shouldn't be too far... if we flew." Fred added. Ron began to smile. Y/n just looked at the three in confusion. "Okay. Tonight. After everyone goes go bed. We'll go." Ron said.

After dinner, the Weasley's and Y/n headed to bed. While Ron was brushing his teeth, Y/n wrote a note to leave behind for Arthur or Molly. A few hours passed and the moon was now high in the sky. Ron and Y/n waited downstairs for the twins. "I can't believe we're doing this." Y/n smiled. "Believe it mate."

Fred and George joined the pair and the four headed towards their barn where a turquoise Ford Anglia was stationed. "When you said flew, I thought you meant brooms or something." "Don't worry mate." Fred said jingling a pair of keys. "This is almost better."

Y/n shrugged and hopped in the back seat with Ron. Fred started the car and began to drive out of the barn. He flipped a switch and later pulled a lever. The car was now soaring high above the sky. Y/n looked down at the grassland that changed into town lights, then to city. "Where are we going?" "A suburb called Little Whinging in Surrey." Y/n answered. "I recall Harry saying it the address was 4 Privet Drive." "You heard the man Fred. Step on it." "As you wish George."

A few hours passed and the four had arrived in the suburbs where Harry lived. "All these houses look the same." Y/n said. "Bring us closer down Fred." Ron said. "Wait won't the Muggles see us?" "No. They won't." Fred chuckled. "How?" "Magic." George simply added. "Alright." Y/n shrugged, accepting the answer.

After getting down lower, almost to street level, they found the house in question. "Where is Harry's room?" Fred asked. "Circle around." Y/n advised as he rolled down the window. "Maybe it's the one with the bars on them." Ron pointed. "Get us close Fred."

Fred moved the the car closer and it was Harry's room. "Hiya Harry!" Ron waved. "Ron, Y/n, Fred, George." Harry smiled as he stood up from his desk. "What are you all doing here?" "Rescuing you of course!" "Now that roll call is down." Y/n said, pushing Ron off of him, "get your trunk."

Harry nodded and began to pack his belongings. George handed Y/n a hook which he connected it to the bars on Harry's windows. "You'd better stand back." Ron advised as he tapped Fred's shoulders. Fred moved the steering wheel and with a long pull, the hook destroyed the bars along with the wall they were connected to. Fred positioned the car and opend the boot. Harry placed his trunk and closed it. Fred repositioned the car to its side. Y/n opened his door. "Give me Hedwig." The boy said.