Ch.23: Prisoner of Azkaban I

The quartet had arrived at Hagrid's home and it was pretty evident that the giant was heavily distraught. Hagrid and Hermione began to make tea while the other three sat down. "Look at em." Hagrid said as the five looked out the window towards Buckbeak who sat near the giant pumpkin patch. "Loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows." "Why can't we set him free?" Harry asked. "They'd know I did it. And that would only get Dumbledore in trouble. Gonna come down you know. Says he wants to be with me when... it happens. Great man Dumbledore." "We'll stay with you too Hagrid." Hermione said. "You will not! Think I want you seeing a thing like this. No. You'll drink your tea and be off. Oh before you do. Ron." Hagrid walked over to a box and took out a familiar rat. "Scabber! You're alive!" Ron smiled as he was handed back his rat. "Want to keep a closer eye on your pets Ron." "Think that means you owe someone an apology." Hermione stood up and walked towards Ron. "Right. Next time I see Crookshanks. I'll let him know." "I meant me!"

A vase that stood on the table suddenly shattered. "Calm down Hermione." Y/n said. "It wasn't me." Hermione said, picking up a rock from the vase. "Ow." Harry whinced as he looked out of the window. "Hagrid." Harry called, pointing out the window to the three that were approaching the house. "It's late. It's nearly dark. You shouldn't be here. Someone sees you outside the castle at this hour you'll be in trouble. Big trouble. Especially you Harry." A knock was heard from the door. "Be with you in a moment. "Quick. Quick." Hagrid shoved them off through the back door. Hermione opened the door and peeked her head out. As the Dumbledore, Fudge, and the executioner entered the house, the quartet exited. The quickly made their way to the pumpkin patch where they hid. Hermione quickly turned to the Forbidden Forest behind them. "Did you see something?" Y/n asked. "I thought I..." Hermione slowly started to make her way into the forest. "Let's go." Ron said as the four made their way up the path and back to the castle. Once reaching the top of the hill, they stopped and looked down at the sight. Hagrid and the others were already outside of the house and the executioner made his way over to where Buckbeak laid. Raising his large axe over head and bringing it down, the executioner had done his duty. The sound of crows fleeing filled the silence. Hermione began to cry and hugged Y/n as she hid her face in his neck. Y/n returned the hug as Harry and Ron joined. Trying to comfort each other.

"Ow!" Ron whinced as he dropped Scabbers. "He bit me." The rat began to run away, causing Ron to give chase and the others to follow. After following the red head, he dove towards his rat, catching it. "Guys. You do realize what tree this is." Hermione said as the three looked behind Ron who sat near the Whomping Willow. "Ron! Run!" Harry demanded. Ron pointed behind the three. "Harry! Y/n! Hermione! It's the Grim!" The three turned to a jet black dog that snarled at them. It began to run towards the three which made them brace, only for the dog to pass them and go towards Ron. The dog bit down onto Ron's leg and to drag him towards the Whomping Willow. "Harry!" "Ron!" Harry dove to catch Ron's hand but had barely missed. Harry stood up but was immediately struck by a vine. Y/n helped the boy up. The tree began to shake angrily as Ron's screams echoed through the hole he was dragged into. Y/n took both Hermione and Harry's hands and lead them through the field as the Willow smashed down branches and vines. "Duck!" Hermione said as she brought herself down. Harry and Y/n were struck. While Harry fell onto the ground, Y/n had held onto the vine. "Hi Hermione!" Y/n said as the same vine he was on, struck Hermione and picked her up. "Are you alright?" "A little winded. Where's Harry?" "There he is." The same vine was about to strike Harry who barely managed to dodge. The vine swung up and brought itself down through the tree. Y/n and Hermione were scraped and scratched. "Harry!" Hermione reached her hand and picked Harry up from his shirt. As the three swung in the air, Hermione let go of Harry who fell into the hole. "Jump!" Hermione shouted as she took Y/n's hand and jumped with the boy. Y/n managed to get through the hole first, then Hermione. The latter of which landed on Y/n's back. "I'm sorry." "Its fine." Y/n groaned. Harry helped the two up.