Ch.15: The Chamber of Secrets

As Y/n was flying throughout the halls, he stopped when a commotion erupted from the staff. Unbeknownst to the boy, Harry and Ron were around another corner. "A student has been taken, by the monster, into the Chamber of Secrets." McGonagall told other Professors. "Students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts." "So sorry." Lockhart approached the Professors. "Dozed off. What have I missed?" "A girl has been snatched by the monster Lockhart. Your moment has come to pass." Snape hissed. "My moment?" "Weren't you saying last night that you knew all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?" "That's settled." McGonagall tried to hide to growing smile. "We'll leave you to deal with the monster Gilderoy. Your skills, after all are legend." "Very well." Lockhart flinched. "I'll just be in my office getting... getting ready." The Professor left.

"Let's follow him." Y/n patted his origami who began to follow after Lockhart. As Y/n had suspected, as Lockhart arrived in his office, he began to pack his belongings. Before long, Harry and Ron burst through the door. "Professor we have some information for you!" Harry paused as he and Ron looked at the stumbling Professor before them. "Are you going somewhere?" "Uh. Well yes. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Got to go?" "What about my sister?!" Ron questioned. "Engorgio!" Y/n reverted back to his normal state, surprising the three. "What happened to Ginny?" "She's been taken into the Chamber." Ron said. "You're not going to do anything?" "Um. Rough luck. Most unfortunate. No one regrets it more than I." He continued to pack in a hurry. "Your the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. You can't run now!" Ron spat. "When I took the job, there was nothing in the job description about fighting a monster." "So you're running away?" Harry stepped infront of Lockhart who tried to flee. "After everything you've done in your books?" "Books can be misleading." "You wrote them." "Boy do you have no common sense!? The books wouldn't sold have as well if people didn't think I did all those things." "You're a fraud." Y/n said. "Taking credit for what others have done haven't you!?" "Is there anything you can do?" Ron questioned. "Yes. I'm rather gifted with memory charms." "Expelliarmus!" Y/n casted quickly. Lockhart's wand left his pocket and landed on the boy's hand. "Let's end that before it becomes problem." He said, snapping the wand in half. Lockhart gasped while Harry and Ron smiled at each other. "You're coming with us." Harry said as he and Ron pulled Lockhart.

The four had returned to Myrtle's restroom where Harry informed Y/n that the monster Hagrid has was actually a spider that told them that the creature was one that could kill with its look, spider flee from it, it flees from the crowing of a rooster. All matching the description of a Basilisk which Y/n told them that's what the monster was. Harry also went on to explain that a girl, Muggle born, died in the restroom. Myrtle is the only known ghost who never leaves to tries to leave the restroom.

"Who's there?" Myrtle asked as the four entered. "Oh hello Harry. What do you want?" "To ask how you died." "Oh it was dreadful. It happened right here in this very cubicle. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying and then I heard somebody come in." "Can you recall who it was?" Y/n asked. "I don't know. I was distraught. But they said soemtubg funny, a kind of made up language and I realized it was a boy speaking. So I unlocked the door to tell him go go away and... I died." "Just like that?" Harry pondered. "How?" "I just remember seeing a pair of great but yellow eyes over there by that sink." "The Basilisk is traveling through pipes under the school!" Y/n figured out.

Harry and Y/n ran towards the sink where Harry found a Slytherin emblem. "This is it. I think this is the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets." "Say something in Parseltounge." Ron advised. Harry did just that. Before them, a roulette of sinks began to push away, revealing an entrance to a hole underneath.

"Good work boys." Lockhart chuckled. "Well then, I'll just be... there's no need for me to stay." He tried to run but was pulled back by Y/n who pushed him near the entrance. "Now boys, what good will it do?" "Better you than us." Ron responded. "Obviously yes." Lockhart gulped before looking down the hole. "Sure you don't want to test it first?" Having enough, Ron pushed him in. "It's really quite filthy down here." Lockhart said after a few moments. "Let's go." Harry said.