Year 3 Ch.17: The Train

The beginning of the school year was nearly approaching as summer break was reaching its end. Y/n had grown taller from hitting a growth spurt as well as becoming a bit more muscular. He had spent early summer trying to become an Animagus which he wasn't sure he succeeded in. On a stormy night he was lucky happened, he drank the potion he had brewed, but collapsed shortly after drinking it. A roar is what he heard before everything had gone black. Throughout summer, he would hear his fellow villagers discussing of a Sirius Black who had escaped Azkaban prison. The only one who had ever done it. The quartet had agreed to meet at the Leaky Cauldron a day prior to heading towards Hogwarts. The boy had already prepared his belongings which were packed in his trunk. "The day is almost here Leo." Y/n said to the owl standing on his chest as he lay in bed. "I wonder what's new this time."

The beginning of the week had been stormy. Thick fog, heavy rain, could weather. One couldn't tell that it was summer. Y/n wore a thick jumper and trainers along with runners and a beanie as he stepped into his fireplace. "The Leaky Cauldron." He announced, throwing down Floo Powder. Y/n found himself in the empty bar and hotel as it was early morning. "Welcome to The Leaky Cauldron." A worker said as he cleaned tables. "How may I help you?" "I'd like a room for a night please." "Certainly." The wizard left and later returned with a key. Y/n paid his fare and took his belongings to his room upstairs. Today was the day that the quartet planned to meet up together. Tomorrow would be the start of their third year. Y/n returned downstairs where the wizard continued to work. The boy ordered a plate of eggs and bacon and began to read the Daily Prophet.

"More of the same." Y/n said to himself as he looked on the front page where the Sirius Black wanted poster occupied. "That Black fellow is everwhere." The wizard said. "Not surprising as he is the first ever to escape Azkaban. To make things worse he is a supporter of you know who." "I suspected as much." "Say. Aren't you a little young to be out here by yourself?" "My mum works the Ministry so I rarely see her. My dad as well." "Really? What is it they do?" Mum's an Auror. Dad's works for the Improper Use of Magic department." "Impressive. Well then. I should get back to work."

Y/n was left reading the Prophet and enjoying his breakfast. Several minutes passed and the shop began to get busy with clients. A certain brown haired girl entered the restaurant along with her parents. "Hi Y/n." The girl smiled as the boy looked up. "Hi Hermione." The boy stood up and gave his friend a hug which she returned. "Oh. Meet my parents." Hermione moved aside and her parents stepped forward. "You must be Y/n." Hermione's mum smiled. "Hermione talks loads about you. But she didn't mention you were this cute." "Mum!" The girl huffed. "My name is Monica." "Pleasure." The two shook hands. "Hello. My name is Wendel." Y/n shook the man's hand. "My daughter isn't too much trouble is she?" Hermione shook her head in embarrassment. "No sir. She's actually the one who keeps us out of trouble. To the best of her ability." Y/n chuckled along with the two adults. "I like him." Monica said to her husband. "Let's go talk somewhere else Y/n." Hermione blushed as she took a seat. Monica and Wendel went to check out a room for the night.

"This is my cat. Crookshanks." Hermione opened a cage and took out a big, brown cat. "I got him earlier this week with money I waved from my birthday last year. "He looks a bit angery." Y/n said. "Oh hush. Pet him and you'll see he is gentle." Y/n reluctantly placed his hand in the cat's head. Crookshanks accepted the pet and began to pur softly. Y/n smiled. "See." Hermione smirked. "Whatever." "How was your summer?" Y/n looked around and scooted his seat closer to Hermione. "I did the process of becoming an Animagus." He whispered. "You what!" Hermione exclaimed which got eyes turned in their direction. "Ssh." "Y/n do you know how illegal that is? An underage wizard can't become an Animagus." "Hermione. We literally deal with things we shouldn't be. Don't you think it's fair that we should have atleast an edge over the threats we face." "I suppose so. I just don't want you to get into trouble." "I won't. Besides, I don't think it worked. I fainted after drinking the potion." Hermione simply sighed. "Hey. We've made it this far." Hermione rested her head on the boy's shoulder which caused him to blush. "I know. It's just worrisome." "We'll be ready. We have to be."