Ch.11: Caution

The quartet were sitting in Hagrid's where Ron held a bucket that he puked slugs into. Harry sat beside the boy while Y/n stood beside Harry. Hermione sat beside Ron. "Nothing to do but to wait till it stops I'm afraid." Hagrid said as he took a seat on his arm chair. Ron threw up another slug. "Better out than in. Who was Ron trying to curse anyway?" "Malfoy." Harry answered. "He called Hermione... um... well I don't know exactly what it means."

Hermione stood up and walked towards the table with her arms crossed. Not facing the four. "He called me a Mudblood." "He did not." Hagrid gasped. "What's a Mudblood?" Harry asked. "Dude." Y/n said. "It means dirty blood! Mudblood is a really foul word for someone Muggle born. Someone with non magic parents. Someone like me. It's not a term one usually hears in civilized conversation." Hermione said as tears ran down. "You see Harry there are some wizards, like the Malfoy family, who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call Pureblood." "That's horrible." Harry said while Ron puked another slug. "It's disgusting." "Not only that, but those same Purebloods, look on with disdain to those who associate with Muggle borns." Y/n added. "Remember Lucius calling me a Blood Traitor Harry?" The boy nodded. "Well that means a Pureblood who associates with those Muggle born. Something my family's been branded with for centuries." Hermione looked over at Y/n who gave her a small smile. "It's codswallop, all of it, there isn't a wizard alive today that isn't Halfblood or less. More to the point, they've yet to think of a spell that our Hermione. Come here." He outstretched his hand which Hermione took. "Don't you think on it Hermione. Don't you think on it for a minute." He finished which got a smile from the girl.

That night, the boys had to serve their detentions. Ron had to clean trophies in the trophy room, Harry had to help Lockhart answer fan mail, and Y/n had to sort out McGonagall's classroom.

As Y/n organized the room, McGonagall sat on her desk, grading papers. "Very excellent work Mr. L/n." She smiled as the boy put books into shelves. "Oh. Thank you. Um. Professor I've been meaning to ask. How can one become a Animagus." She placed her quill down and walked over to the boy. "That is hardly anything a 2nd year should concern himself with." "I know it's just... nevermind. Sorry I asked." "Besides, you'd have to get special permission as well as registration from the Ministry." McGonagall began to head into her office. "I'll be back." Y/n nodded. As he went through piles, he landed on a book that had that dealt with Animagus transformations and processes. Y/n quickly took out his wand and placed the book down. "Effingo." He casted causing a copy of the book to appear beside the original. Y/n picked up the copy and flipped through it to see if the words inside where legible. Hearing the office door click, Y/n quickly placed the copy into his robes while placing the original into the shelf. "That's all of them Professor. Anything else?" "No that's all for tonight." "Okay. Have a goodnight Professor." "You as well."

Y/n left the classroom and headed towards the Great Hall. On his way he flipped through the book to make sure he indeed copied it correctly. "Brilliant." He said to himself. "Got my plans for summer."

As Y/n got closer to the Hall, he found Hermione standing outside, looking up into the night sky from the opening on the wall. "Hey Hermione." Y/n called. "What are you doing?" "Just. Thinking." She said, not turning to the boy. "Don't give Malfoy the satisfaction of getting to you Hermione. You're far too brilliant for Draco's nonsense." Hermione slighly blushed. "Thanks." She grew a smile. "I guess I needed to hear that... from you." Y/n's eyes widened. "Why me?" He asked with a tint of red growing on his cheeks. Before Hermione could answer, Y/n's stomach growled. "Are you hungry?" Hermione asked with a chuckle. "Y-Yeah." Y/n now blushed from embarrassment. "Let's go have dinner." Hermione said as the two headed to the Hall.

The two had joined Ron who was now recovered from his slug curse. Throughout dinner, Y/n and Hermione kept looking towards the door for Harry to arrive from his detention, but he never did. After eating, Hermione took Y/n and Ron to find the boy who would miss out on dinner. Turning a corner, they found Harry who looked around in confusion.