Ch.10: Quidditch Drama

The following morning classes had begun and the Gryffindors along with Slytherin and Hufflepuff were in the Greenhouses for Herbology. Y/n, Harry and Ron told Hermione about their adventure yesterday and she was annoyed and angry.

"Detention!?" She gasped. "Honestly that's all the punishment you received for breaking Hogwarts rules and Ministry laws?" "Come on Hermione you don't honestly think that they'd expelled THE Harry Potter and his merrimen do you?" Y/n joked causing Harry, Ron, Seamus, and Neville to laugh. Hermione rolled her eyes. "You know you'd miss us." "Whatever." Hermione said, hiding a small smile.

"Good morning everyone." Professor Sprout entered the greenhouse. The class was chatting amongst themselves. "Good morning everyone!" "Good morning Professor Sprout." The class said in unison. "Welcome to Greenhouse 3, 2nd years. Gather around everyone. Today we are going to repot Mandrakes." Sprout picks up a pot and brings it over to the table where all of the students stood. "Now who can tell me the properties of a Mandrake root?"

Unsurprisingly, Hermione rose her hand. "Yes Ms. Granger." "Mandrake or Mandrogora is used to return those who've been petrified, to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it." "Excellent. 10 points to Gryffindor." The Gryffindors smiled while Draco scowled at them. Y/n giving the boy a wave which made him scowl more.

"Now as our Mandrakes are only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet. Which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection. So can you please put them on right away." The students began to place the muffs onto their ears. "Watch me closely. You grasp" Sprout takes the Mandrake's leaves in her hands "your Mandrake firmly. You'll pull it sharply out of the pot." With a hard pull, the Mandrake is taken out of the pot, causing it to shriek loudly. "And now, you dunk down into the other pot and pour a little bit of soil into the pot."

Neville slowly sighs and falls onto the floor. Seamus looked down onto the boy while Y/n leaned down and felt his pulse. "He's still good." Y/n said to Seamus who nodded. "Longbottom seems to have neglected his earmuffs." Sprout said with a sigh. The Slytherins laughed. "No ma'am. He's just fainted." Seamus said. "Yes well. Just leave him there. Right. On we go." Y/n raised his brows and simply shrugged as the class began to work on their assignment. "There we go. Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake and pull it out."

The class became filled with the shrieking of dozens of Mandraked who have been de-potted. Y/n cringed as he looked at his Mandrake. Hermione giggled as she continued her work. Y/n looked up and around the class to see Draco having his finger bitten.

After class had ended, the students headed towards the Hall for lunch. As Y/n, Harry, and Hermione ate, Ron tried to tape together his broken wand. "Say it." He sighed. "I'm doomed." "You're doomed." Harry and Y/n said together, the latter of which had his mouth full of food. "Y/n." Hermione scolded. "Sorry mum." Y/n joked while Harry chuckled.

"Hi Harry." Said a voice that was followed by a flash. "I'm Colin Creevey." A small blonde boy said. "I'm in Gryffindor too. 1st year." "Hi Colin nice to meet you." Harry rubbed his eyes. "Say do you think your friend here can take a photo of me and you standing together? You know, to prove I met you. It's for my dad. He's a milkman. A Muggle, like all of my family until me. No one knew all the odd stuff I could do was magic until we got a letter from Hogwarts. Everyone just thought I was mental." "Imagine that." Ron faked smiled. "Hey don't be mean." Y/n said. "I'll take the picture for you." "You will! Thanks." Colin handed Y/n the camera as the boy rushed to the other side of the table.

"Why are you taking a photo for him?" Ron asked. "I don't know. As chatty as he is, I like him." Y/n shrugged. "Ready." Colin smiled as he stood beside Harry who forced a smile himself. "Okay and" a flash came out "all set." Y/n headed back the camera. "Thank you again."