Chapter 6

Kace walked quickly to his father, who looked distressed. "Dad, what's wrong?"

"Your mother. I have just received a distress call from her on her raid that she was in."

Kace's insides turned to ice. There was an emergency call for the inner circle, that was to be used if only captured or close to death. "I'll get her," Kace said confidently, "I'll run in, save her, run out."

His father looked doubtful; Kace and Bellatrix were his only family. He didn't want to lose them both. He couldn't lose them both.

"Please."

"Fine. But if you get hurt, apparate away. Immediately." Kace rolled his eyes

"I'll be fine. I'll be back soon."

Kace apparated away, following the trace of the flare. He popped up in a building that looked like a large concrete jail, at least ten stories tall, with bars on all the windows. Kace entered the building cautiously, looking for light members. He climbed to the middle of the building, when ten people jumped out from behind some pillars. Kace raised an eyebrow.

The ten order members started firing several different spells at Kace. He deflected the easily, almost laughing at the simplicity of the spells. He decided to play with them. He still had to look for Bella, so he ran to the next floor.

*--------------------------------*

Bella walked into the Meeting room, happy. "My lord, I-"

"Where is Kace?"

Bella's face crumpled in confusion. "Is he not with you?"

"Give me your wrist." Bella obliged, confused at her husband's strange manner. She realized that the bracelet she carried for an emergency flare was gone. Where could it have gone?

Tom pressed his hands to the side of his face. If it was gone, that means they faked the flare, so... "No. No. Kace!"

*------------------------------*

Kace still didn't see Bella anywhere, so he felt around for her dark magic, not feeling it anywhere. So that means, Kace thought, it must be a trap! He looked at the order members behind him and shot some spells that would freeze them with ice. Many got stuck within it, except James, Sirius and Moody.

"Aha. You again, James Potter." Kace said, his voice laced with hate. They were going to try and steal him, Kace was sure of it.

James looked at Sirius Black. They glanced at each other, conveying a message. Kace ran to the top of the building, preparing for a duel. When the three men ran up behind him, he shot a crucio at Moody. The man fell to the ground, screaming in pain.

"Take him out if it!" Potter said desperately. Kace laughed coldly

"Why? What do I get out of it?"

"Does it matter?" Sirius replied, losing his patience with the young boy, "Now put your hands where I can see them!" Kace snorted, who did they think he was? Someone who gives in? An idiot?

"I'd rather not, Black. But for amusing me, I'll let Moody over there feel the curse a little more." As he was talking, he could feel James creeping behind him, or at least trying to. Kace shot a curse at James, who nearly dodged it.

He broke a window, yelling "Accio glass shards!" then Kace fell on the ground, making the three men get a few shards in their torsos, neck and legs.

The three all shot a stupefy at him, but Kace blocked it easily. Sirius, at the end of ideas on how to capture him, shoved him off the side of the building. Kace, who was not expecting this, fell off.