Chapter 17

Kace walked into the common room, drawing the attention of all the people in it. Kace had missed Herbology, which he didn't care for.

"Hey! Riddle!" a voice behind him yelled. Kace spun, coming face to face with a 7th year with the name of Mac Slumber.

"What." Kace said, annoyed.

"Where did you come from? You can't just show up out of nowhere, walk around like you own the place!"

Kace snorted, "I can't? A shame, because I don't care." There were gasps, as Mac was the Slytherin head boy, and top of the class.

Mac walked forward, face red. "What do you know, brat? You are only in your 6th year. I am your superior to you. I know more spells."

This time, Kace just laughed coldly, "I don't know about anyone else, but it sounds like you are challenging me to a duel. It's a good thing to think that you are superior to me. As for what I know, I know more than you ever will."

Mac was fuming now, "I challenge you to a duel, tomorrow at midnight in the great hall. Victor Oleander is my second."

Kace nodded. "I accept. Pansy is my second."

Mac laughed, "You choose a girl? Pathetic."

At this, Kace's rage boiled over. He spoke in a calm and icy voice, "Now, you can disrespect me all you want, but if you disrespect my friends, I will show you no mercy in this duel." The entire Slytherin common room was holding their breath. The bell rang, signaling for the next class. Kace turned and walked out.

When he walked into potions, Draco nodded at him. He took a place next to his boyfriend.

"What happened in Dumbledore's office?" Draco asked, grabbing Kace's hand. Kace laughed at the memory.

"Potter tried to get me rescued, failed, then decided to put me in the Gryffindor dorm. I have decided to ignore these wise words he said and just sleep with you in your bed. Potter also tried to get me to break up with you as you were too dark, and you were going to corrupt me" Draco snorted, and Kace continued talking, "Now, I don't know about you, but I might be the darkest 16 year old to exist, so I might just have to turn down Potter's relationship suggestion."

Kace then told Draco of what happened in the common room. Draco listened, nodding, "The head boy is an asshole. Also, Pansy will kill you for already getting into a fight."

Kace shuddered, "Shit. I didn't think of that. She's my second though, so I guess she'll have to get over it soon." Draco laughed. At that moment, the door of the dungeon opened, and Lily came walking in.

Kace rolled his eyes internally. This was going to be a long class. "Right," Lily said, placing her papers on her desk, "For the first class of the year, we are going to be brewing a tonic of flight. This potion is quite advanced, and I understand if not all of you will be able to brew it." Kace reeled back in surprise. The tonic of flight was incredibly easy! Is this the Hogwarts curriculum? Kace had perfected this potion when he was eight.

Kace glanced at Draco, who rolled his eyes in agreement. The two got to work brewing it. They had brewed and even created several potions together, so they knew each other's strengths and weaknesses. After a few minutes, Kace felt eyes watching him. He saw Lily staring at him in the edges of his vision, green eyes boring into his skull. After about fifteen minutes, she still hadn't taken her eyes off Kace and Draco. Kace grabbed Draco by the tie and kissed him. Draco didn't mind and kissed back. Lily was so shocked by this, that it took her a few minutes to make them stop. This had caused everyone to look at the two, who continued to make the potion as if nothing had happened.