Chapter 43

Awaking with a jolt, Kace awoke, eyes blinking rapidly to adjust to the light. He sat in bed for a few minutes, casting a tempus to find the time.

It was 9:00. Stretching, Kace got dressed quickly, having plans. He had some questions for the Potters, and from what he knew, he would get answers out of them fast.

Opening the door, Kace turned into the hallway, ears straining for the sound of people. Unlike the Riddle manor, Potter manor lacked prisoners, meaning it was dead silent.

Hearing voices from the living room, Kace strolled out, seeing Lily sitting on the couch, drinking tea, chatting with Edison, who was curled up with some hot chocolate.

Kace strolled silently up to the two, both not noticing the boy towering over them.

"Lily." he spoke, voice quiet and low. The redhead jumped, almost dropping her tea. When she realised the source of the voice, she smiled sheepishly.

"Harry!" She said, voice excited he had come up to her. "Would you like some tea? Or breakfast? Or-"

"No." Kace interrupted her. "Thank you." He added coldly, as an afterthought. "I have some questions about our... History."

Lily tried very hard to conceal her excitement, failing miserably. Maybe Harry would accept them as his parents if he knew the endeavors of his true family!

"Yes?" She asked, voice on edge. Edison also looked at the pair, listening carefully.

"I wanted to ask," Kace started, voice still cold. "If you could tell me about Remus Lupin."

Lily, surprised by the question, paused before she nodded, a bright smile still on her face. "Of course! Remus, or Moony, is one of James's best friends, along with Sirius Black. He's a bookworm, and one of the kindest people I know. He was turned into a werewolf at a young age, unfortunately. But, due to Severus's invention of wolfsbane, he's been able to live a fairly normal life! The three actually became animagi to help Remus's transformation."

Kace perked up. Three of them? "Three?" he asked, and Lily's lips tightened around her teeth, thinning into a line. 

"Yes," She responded, eyes locked on the fireplace. "There was actually four friends; Remus, James, Sirius, and Peter Pettigrew."

Kace faught a smile. The rat?! Kace had killed him when he was around 7. Barely worth another thought.

Instead of showing his recognition, Kace nodded. "What were their forms?"

Lily smiled fondly, but was quite excited at how curious Harry was being. Was this a sign of some sort? 

"James is a Stag, Sirius is a large black dog, not unlike a Grim, and Peter is a rat."

Kace nodded again. Makes sense for the rat to be an actual rat.

"Actually," Lily spoke, looking toughtfully excited. "We usually visit him around Christmastime with all the kids. Would you like to come this year?" She asked, stuttering slightly, voice full of hope.

Kace pretended to think. He knew most of this already, except for the animagi part. Shrugging, he nodded. Lily jumped up, opening her arms for a hug. Glaring at the woman, Kace backed up a few steps.

"Just because I'm willing to come with you does not mean I want to touch you, Lily." With that, Kace turned and strolled out of the room, leaving Lily, who looked terribly conflicted, and Edison, who looked outraged.

As he walked back to his room, Kace's face broke into an evil smirk. His plan was going perfectly. His father would be pleased.

—-----------------------

As Kace paced around his room, hand rubbing up and down his scar. He could feel the beginnings of a headache growing, whether it was his or his fathers, he wasn't sure.

With the blood pounding in his ears as the pressure increased, Kace winced slightly. His father must not have been pleased. Sitting down at the small desk at the corner of his room, he pulled out some parchment from the desk. Before putting his quill down on the paper, he paused slightly. There was a magical signature on the parchment in front of him.

Kace pointed at the paper, muttering a quick spell. When the paper glowed a bright purple, the boy dropped the parchment, hands shaking a little with rage. They had spelled his parchment.

After pausing for a few minutes in thought, Kace smirked slightly. The specific spell they had put on his parchment was called Laniatus. This caused the caster to see whatever was written on the other side of the spelled object. Draco and Kace used to have a lot of fun with the spell in classes, as it looked fairly inconspicuous, so they would write notes to each other.

The spell itself wasn't really well known, but Kace had learned it from his father, who casted a more complex version on one of his horcruxes, the diary to be exact.

Knowing that they would be seeing what he would be writing on the other paper made Kace chuckle with amusement. He could have some fun, and get them off his tail.

Sitting back down, Kace began to write.