Chapter 26

Draco stood, slapping down a couple coins and hurrying out of the store, easily cradling Kace in his arms, aurors following.

Moody snapped his head up as the two boys walked out of the store. Looking at Kace, he looked at Malfoy, already ready to blame him.

"What did you do, Malfoy?" He said through clenched teeth. He hated these death eaters, but Dumbledore would be very much displeased if he died.

Draco snapped.

"Would you just fucking leave us alone? For maybe one goddamn second?" Startled, the 10 adults took a few steps back from the angry Malfoy.

Draco hoisted Kace up over his shoulder, carrying him easily. He needed to get back to the school.

-----------------------------------

Kace woke up in an uncomfortable bed. Not opening his eyes, he felt someone holding his hand, and for a second he thought it was Draco, but realized it was too warm to be Draco's.

Taking a second to collect himself, he slowly opened his eyes to see an ugly Mudblood staring at him worryingly. Lily Potter. Seething, Kace ripped his hand out of hers.

"Harry!" Lily spoke, startled. She always was taken aback by those unnerving red eyes. Before she could open her mouth to speak, Kace's cold voice met the air.

"Get your hands away from me, you filthy Mudblood."

Lily was hurt. She thought that maybe, her son would respond to her 'motherly' touch. She tried to speak again, but was interrupted.

"If you even so much as think of coming near me and spreading your vile germs on me, I swear to Merlin I will end you. Believe me, I will know if you think about it."

Lily stood up, tears filling her green eyes. She ran out of the room, pushing the curtain aside. A few minutes passed, and she did not return.

Kace exhaled. How was it only September? His birthday was in July, curse it. Sighing, he decided to work on his occlumency shields.

As soon as he stepped into his mental room, Kace looked around. It was a mess, full of thoughts, full of boxes. Bending down, Kace picked one up and put it back on the respective shelf.

Continuing around, the boy slowly cleaned up his room, until he felt a presence trying to get in. Quickly zoning back into his physical self, Kace realized there was a man standing at his curtain.

Glaring, Kace looked up at an old, frail man. Dumbledore. His old face, blue eyes twinkling, and long beard just pissed Kace off so much.

"Dumbledore" spat Kace, a cold smile stretching across his face. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

The old man smiled, still trying to get into Kace's mind through occlumency.

"My boy-"

"Not your boy, old man."

"Harry. Lily just came to me crying, and I had to restrain James from coming over here. Why would you say those things to your mother?"

Kace let out a harsh laugh. "My mother? That ginger scum? No. My mother is not a mudblood. My mother is a pureblood, and better than Lily Potter will ever be. God, for someone who's trying to get me on their side, you sure are doing a shitty job at it."

Dumblewhore looked taken aback. "How did you-?"

Again, A laugh came from the boy. "How did I know? It's painfully obvious. Come on. You're making this war too easy to win."