Chapter 46

When the Potters got back about an hour later, they left him alone for a bit, which Kace was always grateful for. Any time spent without the Potters was a good time. He wanted to just go back home then and there.

When it was around Suppertime, Kace heard a knock on the door. He opened it, ignoring the fact he was shirtless. James seemed surprised at the fact, but got over it quickly.

"Harry?" Asked Lily, voice small and quiet. "Can we talk?" She looked up, almost pleading.

"I have nothing to say to you. Please leave." Kace growled, looking down on the two. He closed the door, making James sigh in disappointment.

Smirking, Kace decided he would write a letter to Draco.

Sitting down, Kace began writing, using his own paper, as he intended to send this one. Telling Draco about all of the events, Kace wrote in Latin, making sure nobody would read his letter. Signing the letter, Kace sealed it with a deep blue wax. Kace always sealed his letters with this wax, and Draco and Pansy did the same, so they knew it was them and not another person.

After about an hour, Kace walked out of his room, strolling over to Evie's. He needed to make sure that she was well acquainted with him and his magic before he left, so it was important that he spent time with her.

As the boy walked into her room, where she was sleeping, he felt something different about the magic in the nursery. Evie herself was whimpering slightly in her sleep, almost painfully. Trying to locate what the change was, he walked over to the sleeping child and picked her up. Feeling inside of her core, he almost recoiled at what he felt. There was a large amount of intrusive light magic inside of it, undoubtedly causing unbearable pain for the child.

Bracing himself for pain, Kace reached inside of her core, ignoring the sharp stabbing in his chest. Slowly dispelling as much of his magic as he knew was safe, he felt again. The dark magic now completely took over her core, and coursed through her veins. Evie sighed in her sleep, obviously not bothered by the pain anymore.

Kace cradled the baby close to his throbbing chest. He didn't put a lot of magic in her core, as he knew how strong hers was, but the small boost of pure dark magic, not grey, would help her. Not only would it make her core darker, more compatible with 'evil' spells, it would help it become stronger against intrusions like that one.

Feeling Evie stirring, Kace looked down. Her green eyes met his, and Kace smiled, pointing at the ceiling with his finger. A small silver snake burst out of his finger, swirling around and making the baby giggle.

"Who would do this to you, my Nyx?" Wondered Kace aloud, watching the silver wisp dance around the room. Evie gurgled, as if responding to the question in her own language. Grinning, Kace hoisted her onto his hip.

"I have a letter to send, little one. Why don't you come with me?"

Walking outside of the nursery, Kace grabbed the letter from his room and walked into the dining room, where the rest of the Potters were having dinner.

"I have a letter to send." James looked up, surprised that Kace was now standing next to him. Happy that Kace was now talking to them, he nodded quickly, wiping his hands on a napkin.

Kace handed the letter to the man, who looked at the letter for a second, face growing more confused.

"I don't know what it says." he said blankly, scanning the letter still. Lily glanced up from her pork chops, leaning over the man. Her face mirrored his, as she tried to make sense of the forign language.

Kace smirked, knowing the man would say that. "How strange. Almost like that was the point, Potter." James' face reddened, and he glanced at Edison, who was staring at the two.

"If I can't read the letter, then you can't send it." He voiced, and Kace rolled his eyes. He handed the man a second piece of parchment, which contained a piece of poorly translated parchment. Kace smirked as the Potter man read it, face getting more and more embarrassed. See, what Kace had written on the parchment that James was presently reading was vastly different from what was actually on the letter. Slightly more... sexual. He had written to Draco, talking about how much he missed him and how he would like to-

"Alright, alright." James uttered, face bright red. He hadn't even gotten a quarter of the way through.

"You can send it. Do you need an owl?"

Kace rolled his eyes again. "No, I'll just walk and deliver it myself." James flushed more, if that was even possible.

"Er-right. I'll get a house elf to show you to the owlery."

Evie giggled at the man, and Kace smirked along with her. A small elf popped at James' call, ushering Kace and Evie along with it.

After resealing and sending his letters, Kace walked back down to his room. He had decided to include the other letter to Draco for laughs.

—-------------------------------------

Placing the child on his bed, Kace began to rant to her, still in Parsel to see if she could continue to pick up the language. Talking about how annoying her 'parents' were, and how much they had put him through. Seeing Evie yawn, Kace decided to conjure a crib next to his bed, laying her down. Telling her stories of his childhood, Evie fell asleep next to him, and Kace fell asleep not long after.

The next morning, Kace awoke to Evie gurgling. It was late, around 9:00 in the morning. Kace usually woke up around 6, but he must have needed the sleep.

Getting dressed, the boy walked over with Evie to her room, changing her and putting an outfit on the child. He left her to play in her room, knowing Lily would come in the next 10 minutes. Even though he had spent very little time with the Potters in their house, Kace had memorised all of their schedules. It was a habit he had begun to do when he was 8, which proved to be useful now.

It was Christmas Eve today, meaning the Weasleys would come over. Wonderful. The last thing he wanted today was those ugly-ass leprechauns, especially the girl, ogling at him all day.

The second step of his plan was going to happen on the 26th, and he had gone over it hundreds of times to ensure it was flawless. Draco and Pansy had approved of it, Kace had written and rewritten it. If even one thing went wrong, Kace would end up getting the kiss.

Another time couldn't hurt, right?

After reviewing for about an hour, Kace had memorised every inch of his plan, where and when.

Deciding to go to the gym that he saw in the manor, Kace made his way out of the room, making his way on the route of what he assumed to be the gym. When he found it after about 10 minutes, Kace placed down his water bottle and began.

Around 2 hours later, Kace was sweating profusely and breathing heavily. Making his way back to his room, Kace undressed and stepped into the shower.

Relaxing at the water's warm touch, Kace exhaled. Only 8 more days. He thought, washing his hair. How was he going to make it that long?