Chapter 42

After Kace was dressed and ready, he scooped up the child, throwing her up in the air once. She burst into laughter, and Kace laughed along with her, joy filling his features.

Strolling down the long, bright corridor, Kace wrinkled his nose at the loud swirling wallpaper. Looking down at the baby, he whispered to her, speaking a combination of English and latin.

"This hallway will blind you if you stay here longer, little Nyx."

Evie smiled at him, her green eyes sparkling. Kace smiled back, red meeting green, a bond looping its way through their eyes.

Kace walked into the brightly lit room, a deep mahogany table standing proudly in the middle.

The three Potters, who had been talking among themselves. They looked up as Kace entered, and the boy glared at him, eyes flashing.

He sat down, placing Evie on his lap. Lily smiled brightly. Harry was getting along great with Evie, maybe this was a good sign?

The supper was mainly quiet, consisting of Edison and James asking Kace questions, receiving a snappy answer in return. At the end of the meal, Kace kissed the baby in his lap on her head, gently handing her back to Lily.

As their hands brushed, Kace sneered, wiping his hands on his shirt in disgust. He stalked off, not even touching the food on his plate.

—------------------------------------

Kace lay down on the bed, missing the warmth of the body that was Draco. Since the day they had met, they had hardly been apart. Those long days when he had to go to France every year were always the slowest that Kace experienced.

Placing his hands under his head, Kace felt himself slowly drifting into sleep. Before his eyes began to flutter shut, he opened them, placing silencing and locking wards on his door. He did this every time he had to sleep in another place other than Riddle Manor.

Being the son of the Dark lord had its positives, but some downsides were the fact that people were constantly trying to kill him, capture him, or get his secrets. Due to this fact, Kace had become a master legilimens at the age of 7, and mastered wandless magic at the age of 9. He was a light sleeper, and was constantly on edge. Nobody ever managed to complete their tasks, of course, but he needed to be ready at all times.

He missed his actual life.

Feeling his eyes beginning to close, Kace fell asleep, a small smile on his face. He was helping his father in some ways, getting inside information on the Potters, as well as ripping away another child from them. How amusing.

That night, Kace dreamed of old memories. The first time he talked to a snake, and his father had thrown him up, laughing giddily. His first raid as the Dark Prince, his trips to muggle London with Draco and Pansy.

One of the most prominent memories stood out to Kace.

Kace Riddle, aged 12. He was standing in the middle of what seemed to be a warzone. Unbeknownst to anyone else, said destruction had been done by none other than 3 children, all wearing silver masks.

Bodies littered the ground, and Riddle stepped forward, kicking a body closest to him. He looked at the other two, a smirk evident in his voice under the mask.

"Dead."

One of them spoke up, tone more feminine and dripping with sarcasm.

"Really? I suppose the killing curse put them to sleep."

The boy giggled, along with the other one, whose laugh was more sheepish. Walking towards the others, Riddle grabbed their hands, apparating them to a large garden, bustling with life.

The girl dropped hands with the boy, taking off her mask to reveal Pansy. Pansy took her hair out of the bun it was in, looking down at her robes, which were drenched in blood.

"I reek of death. Gross."

Riddle chuckled, also removing his mask. Wiping the blood from it with the corner of his robe, he smiled cheekily.

"Well, what do you expect us to do on a killing mission? Have tea and pick daisies? Honestly Pans, you should know dad better than that at this point."

Pansy giggled lightly, slapping his arm.

"That's not what I meant. I'm going to go take a shower."

After the girl left, Riddle looked at the other boy, whose hand he had still not let go of. The boy had revealed his mask, bright blonde hair stained with red. Running a hand through it, Kace smiled.

"How is it," Kace started, "that even after we kill people, your hair is still freakishly soft?" Draco laughed, eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Malfoy secret I suppose." He responded, and Kace pouted mockingly.

"What if, as your technical boss, I force you to tell me?"

"No."

Kace giggled, face flashing with mischief.

"What if," He spoke, a smirk on his face. "As a future Malfoy-Riddle, I force you to tell me?"

Malfoy looked stunned for a split second, then shook his head, smirk matching that of Kace's.

"I guess you'll have to wait until then I suppose."

Kace flushed slightly, then smiled happily, leaning forward and giving the blonde a peck on the lips. Draco happily accepted, and pulled away, hands dropping to Kace's waist.

"I guess that will work. Now," Malfoy said, pushing the other boy away. "Go shower. You smell like dead bodies."

"Will you come with me?"

"No. We're twelve."

"Next time, Malfoy!" Kace said, walking away. He paused, sprinting back and giving him one more kiss on the cheek. With that, he ran away, leaving the young Malfoy blushing slightly, a smile on his face.