Chapter 9: Confessions Part 2

***Tyler's P.O.V.***

After I excused myself to go to the bathroom, I took a deep breath. I'm so stupid! Why did I even ask her to come here in the first place?

Oh yeah, dumbass. You were about to tell her you like her as more than a friend.

I sighed and tugged at my hair. Why did I have to be the person that falls for their best friend? The situation is so fucking cliche it makes me sick. The sad thing was that I never realised I felt this way until it was too late. While she was dating the jackass, I kinda felt weird around the two of them. I always thought I felt like a third wheel, and I couldn't go to Tina for company because she was always with Andy. 

I threw water on my face to snap me out of whatever I was in. "Pull yourself together, Bradshaw," I muttered to myself.

Once my emotions were under control, I headed back to our table. I turned the corner at the bathroom and stopped in my tracks, almost bumping into a stroller. The mother of the baby in the stroller gave me a death glare for almost waking her sleeping child. I muttered a quick apology before turning back to mine and Avery's booth.

Avery was talking to the waitress who had brought our coffee. I made my way over to the booth and their conversation abruptly stopped.  Iawkwardly rocked to the beat of the song I heard playing in the background.

The waitress (whose name I have yet to know) got up, whispered something in Avery's ear and went back to the kitchen. I took my seat and took a sip of my coffee. I smiled at its amazing taste. I'm really glad I found this little place; it has the best coffee in town. "Soo.." I stupidly decided to speak.

"This coffee is really good, Tyler," Avery tried to start conversation, "How'd you find this place?"

"My little cousin ran away from my mom to this store. One of the waitresses accused me of being very irresponsible."

She laughed. "I always loved your family," she looked at her lap, "Better than mine, anyway."

"You and me both know that if your parents could be here, they would be."

"It still sucks," she said. I moved to her side of the booth and put my arm over her shoulder. We sat there for a while, our coffee forgotten. Avery turned her head to face me. I looked into her eyes, the same mesmerizing pools of brown I've grown to love. We started leaning in again, but this time I stopped.

"I have something to tell you," I started. Taking a deep breath, I began, "Avery, I -"

She cut me off. "I-I have to go," she rushed out before she crawled over my lap and all but ran out of the shop. I tried to stop her, but she had already run out of sight. I sighed shakily, feeling like a sack of shit. The same waitress came up to me and put her hand on my shoulder before saying, "Give her time,"

"Why?" I asked, hating the way my voice sounded all shaky.

"She smiled knowingly. "Mmhmm. In the meantime, figure out a way to get her to fall for you the same way you fell for her."

"How do I do that?"

"That's the question you should be asking yourself." 

I sighed. How am I supposed to do that? Before she left, she grabbed a pen from the pocket of her apron and wrote her number on my hand.

"I'm Evangeline, by the way," she said as she walked into the kitchen. "Call me Eva."

Cause I've got this friend who's crazy about you, I've got this friend that can't live without you, I've got this friend and I wish you could see, how it would end if you knew it was me.

Who knew a random song in a coffee shop could describe my current feelings exactly?

Wait a minute..

I grinned widely. I knew exactly how I was gonna carry out my plan. In a rush, I left a twenty dollar bill on my table and darted out the door. 

************************

The chapter prior to this author's note had 711 words.

There are only about 3 chapters left in this book :(

I accidentally referenced an Usher song and an All Time Low song. Oh well.

I have to write the rest of the chapters tomorrow. As well as do more of my homework. Sigh.

Vote! Comment! Please?

-ineed_a_life (AJ)