Chapter 6: Seeing Him At School

Avery's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sun in my eyes. I must have fallen asleep at Tyler's. Looking up, I saw a sleeping Tyler. Shifting slightly, I tried to get up without waking Tyler. Judging by the slight groaning noise he made, I failed.

"Mornin', Aves," he said with a raspy voice. "Morning," I replied. We sat there for a few moments, before an awkward silence set in. "Sooo..." I began, trying to break the awkward atmosphere. Luckily, it worked.

"We have school. You should get home now," mentioned Tyler. He was right, as it was Tuesday. "Shit, I should get going. See you at school, Tyler!" I said as I walked out the door.

------------------------

"What happened yesterday?" Tina questioned. I didn't tell her about the breakup. I had planned to tell her when I was at Tyler's, but I fell asleep. "I'll tell you later," I replied. 'I hope he doesn't see me,' I thought as Tina and I ascended the stairs leading to our homeroom.

I spoke too soon.

Standing near his locker, Brandon's eyes met mine. His eyes were a swirl of different emotions- remorse, sadness and anger. Suddenly, the floor became much more interesting as I entered the classroom. Taking our usual seats in the front of the class, Tina turned to me and asked the question I was trying to avoid.

"What the hell happened?"

---------------------

Brandon's P.O.V.

Seeing Avery walk to her homeroom class, I realized how much of a douchebag I was yesterday. I loved her, but every dude needs a side chick. I'll admit, it probably wasn't the best idea to call up Brandy when I was at her house. She'll come running back to me soon, I'm sure.

I made my way to my homeroom on the other side of the school, only to be stoppoed by Brandy. "Hi baby," she purred, placing her manicured hands on my chest. Without a second thought, I pulled her down the hall to the nearest janitor's closet. Nothing important happens in homeroom, anyway.

----------------------

I poked my head out of the closet to see if the coast was clear. I shoved Brandy out first, you know, to protect my reputation and all. I began walking down the hall to my second period English class. I stopped by the door to answer a text from Brandy.

'see u 2nite baby'

I replied with a few choice inappropriate words followed by a winking face. It's good to be me.

------------------------

Avery's P.O.V.

"The next time I see that asswipe, I swear I'll cut off whatever he has of a dick and shove it down his throat!" Tina exclaimed. "T, relax-" I began, but was cut off by her rattling off curses toward Brandon in Spanish. Our Spanish teacher who was passing by looked at her in horror.

"Señorita Garcia! To the principa-" she stopped when Tina's eyes narrowed with a look that said, 'Test me motherfucker.' "I'll go,"our teacher managed to stammer out before running as fast as she could in her six-inch high heels. I had to bite down on my cheek to prevent myself from busting my gut in laughter.

"As I was saying, Tina, relax. I got a bit of revenge," I said with a smug smile. Tina's eyes sparkled with amusement. "What did you do?" she questioned with a raised eyebrow. A high pitched squeal filled the halls of the school. "Let's go see what I did. Shall we?" I said. "We shall," she replied.

---------------------

When we got to the parking lot, Tina abruptly fell on the ground, shaking with laughter. Brandy and the asswipe were covered in fish guts and confetti. I had taken the liberty of setting this prank up during my free period.

When Tina finally finished her laughing fit, Tyler strolled up to us. "So I'm guessing that you set up this prank," he said to me. "Hell yeah," I replied. "Anyway," Tina began while getting up from the floor, "I gotta go to class. See you for lunch." We all had separate classes before lunch, so we each said our goodbyes and went to our next class.

I, unfortunately, had Economics next with Brandon. I plunked into the nearest available chair and waited for class to start. He never comes to class anyway. Mr. Smith was one of the scariest teachers at school. He gives detention if you shuffle too much in your chair or if you get caught communicating with anyone else in the classroom.

"Class, turn your books to chapter 12 and make notes. Your books will be inspected before you leave for lunch. No complaints," Mr. Smith bellowed as he entered the classroom. Not wanting a detention, I quickly began scribbling on my page the information from the book.

Just as I finished my second page, Brandon walked into the classroom. Before he could explain why he was late, Mr. Smith muttered, "Detention," and handed him a pink slip. He then proceeded to sit at the back of the class. I could feel his gaze on the back of my head. I ignored him as best as I could and tried to complete my notes.

Fortunately, because of my wise decision to sit as near as I could to the door, I left the classroom fairly quickly without receiving a detention. On my way to my locker, I was stopped by none other than Brandy.

Goddamn it.

---------------------

Hey guys. sorry for the late update. My tablet died and wouldn't charge, so my dad had to pull it apart to fix it. I couldn't write and publish the chapter on the computer because I have forgotten my password. Luckily, Wattpad stays logged in on my tablet.

This is one of my longest chapters to date.

This week will be very busy, but I have free time on Wednesday to write a chapter or two.

-alithegranny123