Epilogue

"Holy shit, I can't believe it," Tina whispered in my ear as we stood outside our school auditorium.

I couldn't blame her; I was shocked myself. We were finally graduating, or as our teachers called it, "our grand entrance into the real world". Please. Most of us are going to college, anyway. The real world won't hit some of us for another year.

I pointed to the gigantic blue banner above our heads. "Believe that, Tina."

"Did you really just quote him?" Tina asked with a raised eyebrow.

I laughed. "Of course!"

It was an inside joke between me and Tina. She's been watching wrestling for about ten years now. She forced me to watch about two years ago, and I've been hooked ever since.

Andy walked up to us, taking Tina's hand. "Mind if I steal her for a bit?"

I chuckled. "No problem. Go on, lovebirds."

Tina smacked me hard for that one.

To avoid my inevitable boredom, I went off in search of Tyler. We've been dating for two months, and I've actually never been happier in my life. Sounds extremely cliche, I know.

I finally found him leaning on the wall of the auditorium, sipping on a glass of water.When he saw me, he smiled and hugged me.

"You look beautiful," he whispered in my ear. My cheeks flared in embarrassment.

"I'm wearing a baggy gown with cutoffs and a t-shirt."

"I think you look beautiful in everything," he said with a loving smile that made my heart flutter. Every other guy that has tried (and failed) to date me would have added a sly "or nothing" to his statement. That alone made me smile.

Can you believe neither of us has said "I love you" yet?

"Aww, thanks," I said before leaning in to kiss him. We were centimetres away when something hit the door across the hallway. We jerked away from each other in fright. A teacher stalked past the doorway muttering something about "damn kids," and "I'd give them detention, but they're about to graduate," and left in the direction of the auditorium.

"We should really get going," Tyler said to me, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the back of the auditorium where the rest of the graduates were standing. "Don't want to miss our own graduation."

We passed by the teacher from the hallway, who couldn't stop giving us "the look". You know, the one you get from adults when they're disappointed in you. We didn't even do anything. Yet. (Keep those dirty thoughts to yourself.)

Fucking cockblock.

"Graduates!" the graduation coordinator said. "Get into your positions, please!"

I sighed and let go of Tyler's hand. We were sitting two seats away from each other anyway. A hand grabbed my shoulder, making me whirl around. When I saw who it was, my eyes widened in shock.

"Hey," Brandy said. "Long time no see."

It was true. After I told her and Brandon off in the hallway two months ago, they haven't come near me or Tyler. The last time Brandon spoke to me was a few weeks ago, when he stopped me in the hallway to apologize.

Flashback

"What do you want?" I asked harshly, glaring at Brandon.

"I just wanted to ask you something," he said with a dejected look on his face.

"I don't care."

"Please?" he pleaded. I rolled my eyes and turned to walk away. Before I could leave, he grabbed my hand.