Chapter 11: Smackin' Bitches

***Avery's P.O.V.***

"Come on, Avery," Tyler said, trying to console me. "It's the last day of school before spring break. You should be celebrating!"

"I ain't going in there," I responded, trying (and failing) to drag him back to his car. "What have you been eating? Concrete?" 

"Ha ha, very funny," he deadpanned. "I'm on the football team, and I'm a receiver. I'm supposed to be eating concrete," he said sarcastically.

"Really?" I said, looking him in the eye.

He stepped closer, stopping when we were almost nose to nose. "Yeah," he whispered, brushing his lips against mine as he spoke. "Really."

Why must he be such a tease?

I put my hands on his chest,blushung furiously. "We should be getting to our lockers."

"But I don't want to," he replied, kissing me quickly.

Before I could respond, he pulled away, smiling. I shoved him, "You are such a tease, you bastard."

He laughed, "I know."

"Come on, let's go," I said to him, pulling him towards the entrance of the school.

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Weren't you just pulling me away from here?"

"I gotta face it," I said. "I can't avoid them forever."

We entered the building hand in hand, earning a multitude of stares from the student body. I could tell that their stares were aimed directly at our intertwined hands. I tried my best to ignore them, but I could feel their stares; they were like daggers piercing my soul. Tyler could sense my discomfort, as least I think so, and gripped my hand tighter, whispering words of encouragement in my ear.

His obvious concern for my wellbeing brought a smile to my face. Noone has ever been this affectionate to me, not even Brandon -

No, Avery. We don't say bad words.

Once we were at our lockers, Andy and Tina all but ran up to us, their jaws hitting the floor.

"When did," Tina gestured at our closeness, "happen?" 

"Yesterday, actually," I replied with a dazed grin, memories of yesterday running through my mind.

Tina looked at me, and said, "You're gonna tell me everything at lunch, right?" 

"I guess?" I replied with a slightly scared look on my face.

She grinned, "Good." She grabbed Andy's hand and pulled him to our homeroom.

Tyler and I shared a look before saying simultaneously, "She scares me," and laughing at our randomness. We put our books in our lockers and got our books for Biology. Before we could leave, Brandon and Brandy sauntered up to us, bothof them looking rather smug.

"Well, well," Brandy started, "if it isn't the whore and her new boy toy."

"Hello there Brandy," I retorted, "I could hardly recognize you under all the layers of frosting you call makeup."

She scoffed indignantly, "Bitch please. I'm all natural."

Tyler butted in to our conversation, "Brandy, you look like an Oompa Loompa. Trust me, that ain't even close to natural." He referred to her new hair colour, a brown so dark it was almost black.

Brandy gasped. "Rude!"

Tyler bowed. "I try."

I had to hold in a laugh. Brandy's face resembled a deer caught in headlights, except I'd stop for the deer.