Chapter 11: Blood

Inuyasha POV
-
Kagome is gone and it's all my fault. If I could have just protected the woman I loved, she would still be...it's just like Kikyo.
I ran faster, covering my face and make it to the sacred tree.
This is where...everything happened.
Kikyo shot me, resulting in  Kagome freeing me.
What will I do now? I've lost the woman I lo-loved again. Both of them to the hands of Naraku. I'm a failure, a complete failure. It's over. I suddenly smelt blood and rushed towards it.

As I approached the source of the blood I started feeling my heart pound heavily in my chest.
There was a demon, it was eating a human girl.
The demon looked up at me with blood running down the corners of his lips. He was extremely big and tall, with thick looking skin.

"It appears a small half demon has appeared in front of me. What a bad place for you little half breed," the thick skinned demon snickered.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" I simply asked.

The demon charged at me bearing his teeth into my shoulder, I felt my body twitch in pain as I fell to the ground.

"What a delicious taste you have," he told me, slurping my blood off his teeth.

I'll just take him out with Tetsaiga! W-wait, where is it? I... I left it against the wall of the hut.
Shit! What am I gonna do?!
The demon charged at me again and wrapped its snake like body around me, squeezing me so hard, I coughed up blood. I tried to slice it with my claws, but it wasn't working!

The bastard started to tease me,
"Oh! I see guilt in your eyes. What have you done half breed? Did you kill someone? Maybe something worse?"

"I ain't got nothing to be guilty for!" I tired, trying once again to slice him.

Damn, his skin is too tough to cut! I need Tetsaiga!

My vision was getting blurry and my body seemed to be shutting down.

"Ah I see you feel the poison coursing in your veins from my teeth," he laughed squeezing me tighter.

Damn it...Damn it! If I don't get this bastard off of me I'll...
I started seeing Kagome in my mind. Her smile, her laugh, scent, beauty, I could see it all. The first day we met, it was the best day of my life. I will never forget that, and I will never forget you Kagome.
I'm to blame for your death.
Kagome...I'm sorry...
-
Sango POV
-
Inuyasha has been gone for a long time, but we are all so injured and fragile. We also don't have a clue on where he could be.. I suddenly heard a rustle coming from Kagome's body.
Her eyes were opening!

"Kagome!" Shippo cried jumping into her arms.

Kagome rose up from the mat and rubbed her head, hugging Shippo tightly.

"I-I'm back..." she smiled at us.

"Kagome!" Miroku and I said hugging her closely.

"How did you come back?" I asked her curious.

"The little shard that Naraku had apparently opened up another portal. I was so scared..." she responded.

I'm so excited that Kagome has returned! Inuyasha will be so happy to see her ali-
Oh no...

She started shuffling around,
"W-where's Inuyasha?"

Miroku and I looked at each other. I read his facial expression.

"He ran out, without Tetsaiga..." Miroku said with a serious tone.

Kagome looked like she was panicking, she grabbed her spare bow in the corner and Inuyasha's Tetsaiga.

"You guys! I'm going to find him!" Kagome reassured herself.

"Wait let me help Kagome..." I said trying to get up.
But my body, it wouldn't move.
I grabbed my shoulder. I felt Miroku holding my hand, like he was holding me back.

"Sango please stay here! All of you! You're in so much pain. I'll get him back..." Kagome said running out.

Poor Kagome. I want to help her, we all do but our injuries are causing all of us pain. Damn it! I feel so useless! I felt a touch on my head, it was Miroku smiling at me.

"I'm going to go after her shortly, will you accompany me?" Miroku asked me.

I agreed. I need to help Kagome in any way I can!

Kagome POV
-
Where could Inuyasha be?! How could he just run off like that! Oh I hope something bad hasn't happened to him! Where should I check?? Oh! The tree! I ran as fast as I could, even though I wasn't feeling my best.
I made it to the tree and looked closely at it. There were giant scratch marks imbedded in the bark. Who could've done this? Wait was it...was it Inuyasha?
I heard someone behind me, I drew my bow and turned, but only to find Koga.

"Kagome are you alright? I felt there was something wrong?" he said concerned.

I ran up to him holding Inuyasha's sword tightly,
"H-have you seen him?"

He looked at me with sympathy,
"The mutt's missing?"

I nodded and pointed to the tree,
"Are those his markings?"

Koga went up closer to it and smelled the scratch marks,
"Yep it was him alright. I smell a hint of blood on them too."

My eyes widened. What has happened to him? Did he get in a fight?! I felt my heart beating faster.

Suddenly Koga turns to me with a worried expression.
"I smell blood, lots of it!"

He grabbed my hand and put me on his back, leading the way. I started to worry even more. What does this mean? We stopped in place and Koga put me down. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Inuyasha...and at his feet were many dead villagers.

"Inu-Inuyasha?" I stuttered.

He turned around with his sharp fangs and claws. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, his eyes were bright red and he had blood stains all over his Kimono.

"Inuyasha...wh-what have you done!?"