Chapter 4: The Battle Begins

Kagome POV

"K-kikyo?!" I stuttered.

I don't understand. Why is Kikyo here?

Her body was transparent, her hair flowing with energy. Kikyo's soul still felt warm like it did six years ago. It was a bright blue and took up a huge space around me.

She held a bow covered in flowers and wrapped with vines. The bow sparkled and shined in her hands.

I take a glance at Naraku, he looks happy yet, angry at the same time. Does that mean Onigumo is still in there?

"Kagome, it's been a long time," Kikyo said calmly.

All I did was stare at her. It was so hard to believe she was here right now.

"Yea it has been," I replied. "How and why are you here?"

"I knew you were in trouble and I sensed it through heaven. Take this." she said.

Inuyasha POV

"Alright. I'll do it, but damn it Miroku if you're wrong, you're dead! Got it?"

I raised my hand balling it into a fist shaking it in his face.

"Inuyasha, try not to be so mean to Miroku! You better save Kagome! I better be able to come!" Shippo yelled.

Sango pat his head, "Alright, Alright! You can come."

"Miroku," I said in relaxation.

"Yes?" the monk responded.

"Will the new moon affect my powers if I go save Kagome?"

"That I do not know, we need to get to Kagome either way, if she stays, it might kill her for good."

Damn it. Tonight's the night I to a turn human, if this affects me tonight of all nights, I really am screwed and so are the others.

I raised my blade and ready to slice. I closed my eyes tightly, gritting my teeth.

"The new moon is about to rise Inuyasha." Sango pointed out.

"I know that!"

My heart has never felt this way, if she dies...I'll never forgive myself. I can either take this risk or let her die by whatever is hurting her. I have to trust Miroku and Tetsaiga, plus the others.

I have to do this.

"Meidō Zangetsuha..." I mumbled.

It opened.

Kagome POV

I grabbed the bow with my hands shaking. I could sense the powerful energy coursing through it. The vines around it started growing with glittering swirls.

"You and I are in sync. We are two individuals with a connection and a common power, until today." Kikyo said to me.

"You wench!" Naraku spat, rushing towards us quickly.

Kikyo yanked my arm holding my hand, "Hurry and pray!"

I closed my eyes praying like Kikyo told me. It seemed that our prayers formed a barrier. Naraku shot backwards, his slobber falling to the ground, he was a monster.

Kikyo let go of my hand grabbing her own. She kept her eyes closed, holding up the barrier.

"Kagome, you are now stronger than me in spiritual power with that bow, but after awhile my soul will be absorbed into your body." Kikyo quietly said.

I yelled at her "I will NOT destroy what's left of you! That's practically murder!"

"Silence. This is needed for you, to return from here to home...to Inuyasha."