Chapter 12: Demon

Kagome POV
-
Inuyasha growled at me with a smirk to his cheeks. He had blood all over him and wasn't effected by the people he just killed. I was scared. It had been so long since I have seen him like this. Why is he a demon now?!

I tried to speak with him,
"Inuyasha...it's me, Kagome. See? I-I'm okay!"

Inuyasha's eyes stayed in a deep red color, he cracked his knuckles and snickered under his breath.
I started moving closer to him, gripping his Tetsaiga even tighter.

"Kagome be careful..." Koga said in a quiet tone to me.

I nodded at him and kept moving closer. It's getting harder and harder to look at him. I have never seen him covered in so much blood. I felt a dark presence coming from his body.
What is that? Is Naraku still alive? It seems so similar...

Koga POV

I've never seen the mutt this strong before. I knew he was a half demon, but I would've never thought that he'd turn into something like this. He stepped over the bodies and leaned towards Kagome. Was he going to attack her?

"Kagome!" I yelled to her in panic.

Suddenly Inuyasha lost his cool and was trying to slice at her with his sharp claw.

"Kyaa!" I heard Kagome scream.

I ran in front of her and I felt my skin rip open. Next thing I knew, Inuyasha had cut deeply into my chest. I fell to the ground in pain.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I heard myself yell.

Kagome came up beside me,
"Koga! Why did you do that?! Oh no your arm!"

Inuyasha seemed to get angrier, he was ready to cut me again, until I see Kagome draw her bow at him.
She had tears in her eyes and she drew the arrow back further.
She seemed to be crying. I tried reaching for her to comfort her, but my body was stinging. I saw tears rolling down Kagome's face.

"In-Inuyasha...p-please don't..." I heard her mumble under her breath.

Inuyasha looked at her with cold eyes and jumped in the trees, running away.
She fell to the ground on her knees covering her mouth. I rose up in a squat and put my hand on her shoulder.

"That damn jerk leaving you alone like tha-" I said aloud, but
I quickly stopped speaking, seeing I was making things worse.

I dont understand why the hell she loves that dog face. Especially if he is doing this to her.

Kagome POV

I could feel Koga touching my shoulder. I felt my tears move down my face.
I can't believe I was about to...that I was about to...shoot him with one of my arrows.
Why did I even consider doing that to him?!
Koga and I looked over at the slain villagers that Inuyasha killed. I counted them slowly in my head.

One,Two, Three,Four, Five.

He already killed five people in that short amount of time. I suddenly heard a wheezing sound around us. Koga stood up and stretched his arm out in front of me. We look to see a long snake with rough looking skin poking out from a bush.
Is he a demon?

"Kagome stand back!" Koga told me, holding his chest with his free arm.

It didn't seem to move, the both of us approached it cautiously. It-it's already dead?
There's so much blood pouring out of it. Koga looked at it closer and smelled the blood.

"That mutt's blood is mixed in with this demon's," he explained.
"I can also smell a toxic substance."

So this must mean that Inuyasha's demon side was triggered because of this demon endangering him? But then why would he scratch the Sacred tree specifically? There were no other scratches I could see in the trees around us. I moved away from Koga and to the dead villagers, they all had black, long, hair. And they seemed to all be men.
They all kinda remind me of...Naraku

Meanwhile with the others...

Miroku POV

Kaede started washing our wounds out with water.

"Where do you think they went?" I asked.

"Who knows. Kagome could be looking anywhere for Inuyasha. We should have chased after him when we had the chance," Sango replied quietly.

"It is not you lot's fault. Inuyasha caught you off guard and you were all in no condition to fight anyhow," Kaede told us.

"But-but Inuyasha was hurt too," Shippo argued.

"Inuyasha is a half demon, he will heal faster than any average human."

"Hey I'm a full demon!" Shippo continued.

"Yes Shippo, but you are still young after all," I explained to him.

Sesshomaru stood at the door way with Kagura, and Kanna. When Rin and Jaken come into the hut after gathering herbs.

"Lord Sesshomaru!!" Rin and Jaken cried out in unison, hugging Sesshomaru's leg.

"We knew you'd come back!" Rin continued with a smile.

Sesshomaru patted both of their heads. Jaken and Rin both looked up to see Kanna and Kagura alive as well.

"Oh wow Ms. Kagura! It's been awhile how do you feel?" Rin asked.

Kagura blushed a little and nodded at her, "Great. It's good to see you."

"And Ms. Kanna hello to you too!" Rin waved.

Kanna raised her hand and waved back.

"Sesshomaru, will you not chase after Inuyasha?" Kaede asked him.

Sesshomaru sniffed the air,
"He is nearby, but I will not dirty my hands to catch a half breed like him."

What a typical answer to expect from Sesshomaru. I looked through the corner of my eye to see Sango picking up her boomerang.

"Miroku, we need to go find them," Sango said with a serious tone.

I just stared at her. It's so amazing that she can still move around with her wounds the way they are. Sometimes I feel she must be stronger than I am. I looked at her and couldn't help but smile.

"Yes we must find him," I said to her.

Sango gripped her Hirakotsu tighter as she moved towards Sesshomaru,
"We really need you for this."

I see Sesshomaru glance at us with strange eyes.

"Fine, I shall help you track him down," he simply said.

"Thank you Sesshomaru," Sango said to him.

"Nobody else leave this hut," Sesshomaru commanded everyone inside.

"Wait my Lord Sesshomaru!!" Jaken whined pulling at his kimono sleeve.

Sesshomaru gave a cold stare and Jaken slowly backed away, bowing his head in apology.

The three of us exited the hut and Sesshomaru was leading the way to Inuyasha.

We had to find him at all costs, I just hope it's not too late.

Kagome POV

Koga had picked me up and was following Inuyasha's scent. Inuyasha was not only defending himself, but he must be taking his anger and frustration out on others.
Was he blaming himself for me not returning as quick as I did or Naraku? Either way, it seemed he wasn't going to quit. I have to find him! I held his Tetsaiga close to my chest.
Inuyasha...Inuyasha! I'm going to save you, just like you have saved me all those times! That I promise!