Chapter 15: End

Kagome POV

It's been a couple days since the whole incident with Naraku and Magatsuhi. Everyone was healing nicely. Sesshomaru picked up Rin and Jaken and left the village together. Kagura and Kanna also tagged along with them as well. I think there might be a thing going on between Sesshomaru and Kagura, they seem so happy together. Koga went back home to the wolf den after I bandaged him up and of course Inuyasha got jealous of him. But ever since that day, Inuyasha has not spoken to me once. He couldn't match his eyes with mine, he couldn't get too close to me either. I would try to approach him, but...

I felt a hand tap my shoulder, and turned to see Sango.

"Kagome, have you seen Inuyasha?"

"We...we haven't really spoken lately."

Sango frowned at me,
"He hasn't spoken to any of us. He's been quite distant..."

Miroku came up to us holding their youngest child in his hands,
"What's wrong with him?"

I shook my head and faced the ground. I don't understand why he isn't speaking with us. Did I do something wrong? Am I the reason he hasn't spoken to us?

"Oh yes Sango, I need help with the twins. They keep on whining..." Miroku sighed.

Sango slightly laughed,
"Okay then."

I kept picking herbs from the garden and putting them in my basket. I could have sworn I felt someone watching me. I looked around to see nothing in sight. Could Inuyasha be watching me right now...?

Inuyasha POV

I tried hiding in the trees from Kagome. I just wanted to see if she was okay. All she seemed to be doing was collecting herbs for medicine.

"Inuyasha!" I heard her call my name.

"I know you're there. Why won't you talk to us?" Kagome questioned loudly.

I swiftly hid behind the trunk of a tree. I'm sorry Kagome. I can't answer you. I haven't been able to talk to you because I just...I feel so damn guilty. I endangered all of you again. How am I to face you with that on my consciousness?

I jumped down and ran farther away from her. Dammit! I'm such a coward! Next thing I knew I was at the Sacred Tree and I stared at it. It brings back so many memories. Kikyo pinning me down with an arrow, Kagome releasing me. If it wasn't her I wouldn't be here right now, I wouldn't have met Shippo, Sango, Miroku and I wouldn't have ended on good terms with Kikyo.
Kagome...I-
What's that sound?
I turned and saw Kagome come out from the bushes.

"Inuyasha."

"Kagome."

She looked me straight in the eye,
"Talk to me. Please..."

I gulped loudly and felt my lips quiver. Why can't I say anything?!

Kagome looked down from me and clenched her herb basket.

"Will you talk if I tell you some good news?" she asked me.

I looked up at her slightly, she smiled lightly.

"I'm pregnant..."

My eyes widened. I-I'm gonna be a father...? I unpaused and ran towards Kagome. I grabbed her in a big hug, making her herb basket fall over on the ground.

"I'm gonna be a father?! Me?!" I asked her still in disbelief.

Kagome had her eyes flowing with tears. She kept smiling, it was only getting wider.

"Yes!"

I twirled her around, hearing her laugh gently. I then stopped and hugged her tighter in my arms.

"I'm sorry. It was my fault that I endangered all of you those couple of days ago. I almost killed you. And I was such a threat that...you aimed your bow at me," I said to her.

"Inuyasha...we knew it wasn't the real you. I'm partially to blame too. I shouldn't have drawn my weapon towards you. It's okay..." Kagome said bringing my head onto her shoulders.

"I-I love you," I said to her.

She looked up and kissed my lips softly. I could feel the warmth of her body.

"I love you too Inuyasha..."