Chapter 5: Flesh

Kagome POV

I balanced on my knees holding the bow that Kikyo gave me in my hand.

That's when I started thinking...exactly how do I use this with no arrows?!

Maybe Shippo can shift into an arrow however, I don't want to put him in pain like that.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and came back from thinking, it was Inuyasha.

"Kagome we don't have time to space out," he said.

I nodded and pointed at the bow.

"Inuyasha this is very important!"

"What that plant thingy?"

"It's a bow! But there are sorta..."

"Sorta what?" he looked at me worried.

"There's sorta no arrows..." I said slightly nervous.

"What?!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Then why do you have a damn bow without any arrows?!"

"I don't know Inuyasha!" I started yelling at him again. "It came like this!"

"Man you can be annoyingly stupid sometimes!"

"Inuyasha...SIT!" I screamed.

Inuyasha's face splat on the ground, while his body started twitching.

Inuyasha slowly raised his head and stared at me. "Take this damn thing off!" he shouted. 

I look over towards Sango, Miroku, Kirara, and Shippo to see them fighting Naraku.

That's when I furrowed my eyebrows.

They're fighting to buy us time?

And here I'm arguing with Inuyasha?!

I grabbed his hair and stared at him "Why didn't you tell me they were distracting Naraku for us to get outta the way!?"

He rolled his eyes throwing me on his back,

"Then let's go."

Inuyasha gripped Tetsaiga aiming for Naraku's head,

"Hyaaaa!" he yelled "Wind Scar!"

Naraku smirked lifting one hand up.

His hand slapped the oncoming Wind Scar bouncing it off his knuckles.

My eyes widened like the others.

"I-Inuyasha's Wind Scar...it didn't work?!" I said out loud.

Naraku laughed loudly,

"You've gotten weaker Inuyasha? That's pathetic," Naraku said slyly.

Sango threw her boomerang at a fast pace, zooming past Miroku, Shippo, and  heading straight for Naraku's neck. He easily deflected it.

"How many times must I tell you, this is truly a sad sight, all of you have slacked over the past 6 years while I, I have been working all my time in hell waiting for this moment. I will break you all," Naraku snickered.

He opened his mouth, showing his long, sharp, teeth coming out of his pink gums, he slowly heads toward Shippo ready to devour him in one gulp.

"Oh no you don't!" Inuyasha yelped.

He grabbed Shippo lightly, seconds before Naraku's jaw snaps. Miroku tried to stand on his own, but still trembled lightly. Poor Miroku...

Miroku POV