Chapter 13: Get Away

Sango POV
-
Sesshomaru, Miroku, Kirara, and I were now trying to find Inuyasha. How far could he have gone? Sesshomaru kept sniffing around, but suddenly stopped in mid-air.

"We're close," he simply said.

Miroku and I nodded as we kept moving through the breeze.

"Sesshomaru. Is be alright?" Miroku asked him.

Sesshomaru turned his head,
"I can smell the scent of other people's blood mixed with his own."

Blood? Why would there be stranger's blood on him? He hasn't killed anyone has he? No, Inuyasha wouldn't do that. Would he? Sesshomaru dove down closer to the ground, keeping his body in the air.

"Is it the blood of a demon or human?" I asked him.

"Both."

Miroku turned to face me, he gave me a concerned look.
Could he have turned to a full demon? After all he didn't have his Tetsaiga with him. Kirara roared as Sesshomaru pointed down at the ground.
Inuyasha must be here.
I brought my Hirakotsu closer to me, I have a bad feeling we will have to fight Inuyasha.

Kagome POV
-
Koga started running faster, I kept tight of Inuyasha's sword.

"Kagome..." Koga trailed off.

I looked at him.

"Why is dog breath acting like this?"

"If Inuyasha doesn't keep his Tetsaiga with him, he looses control of his demon blood. That's why he is the way he is," I answered him.

"Hey Kagome!" a voice said.

I moved my head back and forth, trying to figure out where it could be coming from. I faced the sky and saw Miroku, Sango, Kirara, and even Sesshomaru coming closer to the ground to land in front of us.

"What are you guys doing here? You're all still injured!" I said to them.

They really shouldn't be moving around with all the scrapes and bruises they got from Naraku.

"Don't worry Kagome. Now where is Inuyasha?" Miroku questioned me.

We all heard a rustle in the bushes and it was Inuyasha, sluggishly moving towards us. He had even more blood on him than before. I felt my heart pound hard against my chest. I thought it was going to pop out of my body. Inuyasha growled, his fangs sharp and exposed. I see Sesshomaru approach him with a cautious look in his eyes.
Inuyasha sat there with a slick, sly, smile on his face.

"To think that a half demon would turn to this. A vile beast with only killing on his mind," Sesshomaru taunted him.

Inuyasha cracked his knuckles and rushed towards Sesshomaru. He swiftly dodged Inuyasha and stabbed his shoulder with his poison claws. Inuyasha held his shoulder, but ignored the pain and kept attacking Sesshomaru. Inuyasha can't control himself. Inuyasha was getting faster and faster in speed, fast enough to catch up to Sesshomaru's speed! Inuyasha was going for him neck and I reacted. I hope this works!

"Sit boy!!" I yelled at him.

The necklace reacted and tried to push Inuyasha's face into the ground, but just as I thought, the beads were powerless. Inuyasha was fighting his way through the power until we heard a clacking sound. Next thing I knew, the necklace broke apart and scattered across the forest ground. I felt my heart beat against my chest. That necklace, it somehow made me feel connected to him.

Miroku POV

I saw Kagome holding her chest slightly. I knew that necklace meant a lot to her. And since its broken, what can stop him? I see Koga clench his fist and run towards Inuyasha.

"You filthy bastard, I'm tired of seeing her care for you!" Koga said slamming his foot into Inuyasha's face.

We all look at him stunned. Inuyasha grabbed his leg and picked him up in midair swirling him around and tossing him aside. He's so brutefully strong. Is it really too late? Inuyasha snickered as he pounced on Koga and scratched a part of his face. Blood was trickling down Koga's cheek, but he wiped it aside and still held a fighting pose. Inuyasha ran towards him and slashed at Koga's arm. We see the blood fly in the air as Koga fell to the ground.

"Koga!" I heard Kagome yell to him.

"Stay back damn it!" Koga commanded her.

Koga fell to his knees, but still held his head high. Inuyasha started sprinting towards Koga until I see him pause and grab his own hand. He's resisting!

"G-get...the hell ba-aack!" I heard Inuyasha mumble.

Kagome's face grew with determination as she held Tetsaiga and approached him lightly.

"Kagome damn it I said stay back!" Koga huffed.

Kagome seemed to be ignoring him as she got closer and closer to him inch by inch. I saw Sesshomaru grab for his sword but did not release it from it's sheath. Inuyasha still held back his hand, but this time he was glaring towards Kagome. He slowly was releasing his hand to reach out to her.

"That's right Inuyasha...it's me... Kagome," She whispered.

I saw everyone tense up. I was nervous as well. How will we know what he will do?

Kagome POV

I looked behind me to see everyone ready to attack if needed. But he wouldn't hurt me, not intentionally. I got close to him, his body covered in blood, his fangs sharp. I grabbed his sleeve with no hesitation and hugged him tightly, handing him his Tetsaiga. Inuyasha backed away slowly and unsheathed his sword, he just stared at it for a long time, until I hear him speak to me,

"You have got to get outta here!" He growled at me, only to grip his Tetsaiga tighter.

Inuyasha held up his giant sword and swung it at me.

"No!" Sango yelled.

"Inuyasha!" I screamed.

"Kagome no!" I hear Koga shout.

Next thing I knew, I was on the ground, I saw blood plop on the ground. I looked up to see Sesshomaru in front of me, with his sword drawn, but his arm impaled. The exact same one that Inuyasha had cut off so long ago.

Miroku and the others stared blankly in shock.

"You filfthy half breed. You can't even hold back killing someone you care about?" Sesshomaru said bluntly.

I directed my eyes to the ground. He was right. Why is he still like this? I heard an agonizing scream and looked up to see Inuyasha drop his Tetsaiga and grip his head in pain. Someone has to be controlling him. That's the only explanation. Right?