Seven

Faith could admit that she liked her mother's new boyfriend and his two children. Grace had met Frank Castle at a musical theatre class about three months ago, and Grace was the first to make a move. Then, a month into them dating, which was now, they finally introduced their kids to one another. Faith had recognised Evie Castle due to her being a freshman, and David Castle, bless him, was a sweet and innocent eight year old with glasses to big for his head.

Both Grace and Frank were pleased their kids got along with each other. Which led them to now, walking around the carnival, Faith being a nervous wreck an hour before her date with Lexi. Grace had been informed of her daughters date with Lexi by none other than Suze Howard, who had found out from a kind of angry Cassie.

Grace, who could read her daughter like a book, knew Faith wanted to run away, that her insecurities were eating away at her brain, which is exactly why Grace kept her arm around Faith's shoulders, and would personally escort Faith to the Ferris Wheel when it was time, if she needed to.

"Which one do you want?" Frank asked Grace as he tossed a baseball from hand to hand, Evie and David cheering him on while Faith jokingly gagged at how cute he was trying to be. Grace's eyes scanned the row of stuffed toys, her eyes landing on a small stuffed duck in the corner.

"That one!" Grace said happily, and using her hand that wasn't wrapped around her daughter, she pointed at the small, stuffed duck. The four onlookers cheered Frank as he took a deep breath, bursting into cheers when he managed to knock all the bottles down, thus winning Grace the duck. So, now with their new member in the gang, they set off again, until they stumbled upon none other than the Jacobs family stand.

Grace had paused mid-step, causing Faith to stumble back into her mother and grunt in pain. Her heart was beating a million miles a minute. After all these years, her and Cal never crossed paths, and now here they was, staring at each other. Faith was just about to scold her mother for hurting her, when her eyes caught none other than Nate Jacobs, the smug prick.

The mother and daughters internal battle was cut short by a very excited Frank. "I've heard so much about their chilli from the guys!" He said, and ignoring Grace's attempts to stop him, he walked forward and stood in front of none other than Cal.

"I'm going to take the kids for ice cream," said Grace, causing David to cheer excitedly, grabbing Faith and Evie by the hands and dragging them along.

"I love ice cream!" He cheered, while the two girls giggled at him, following the young boy. Grace sighed, sending one last fleeing look to Cal before placing a kiss to Frank's cheek, following after the children.

"Hi, can I get one dish, please?" Frank asked politely, rocking himself on the balls of his feet. Social interactions often made him quite nervous, but since he had met Grace, he came out of his shell, even if it was only just a smidge. Cal looked up when he heard the new voice. He inspected the man slightly, having never seen him before.

"Yeah, sure, no problem," Cal smiled. Frank enthusiastically held his hand for Cal to shake.

"I'm Frank, Frank Castle, I heard quite a bit about this stall from the guys in work," Frank shrugged, his smile widening when Cal shook his hand.

"Cal Jacobs, nice to meet you," said Cal, going back to preparing Frank's chilli. "I don't think I've seen you here before, you new?"

"Yeah, I just moved here a few months ago with my two kids," Frank jabbed his thumb behind him where Grace, Faith, David and Evie stood not to far away. Cal noticed the two Morales girls laughing at something David said, as his smile faltered just a touch.

"So what brings you to East Highland?" Cal asked Frank, looking away from the mother of his only daughter and his daughter. Cal wouldn't lie if he said he hoped Frank and Grace were friends. He didn't know why, he just didn't like Frank being around them.