Seventeen

Lexi was in a state of panic. They had gotten into a fight on the way to the party and Cassie had stormed off. She was busy searching around until her eyes connected to two girls walking in, their arms linked together with their usual mischievous smiles planted on their faces.

"What the fuck?" Lexi mumbled to herself, glaring harshly at Maddy and Faith, the latter laughing at something Maddy had said.

"If I don't find a bathroom, I'm gonna spend New Year's with a fucking UTI," Maddy said loudly over the music. "Does anyone know where the bathroom is?" Maddy asked, her eyes trailing shamelessly over Faith's body as the Morales girl left her side to get their drink.

"That way," some guy pointed down the hallway.

"Thank you," Maddy said, pulling Faith along by the hand.

"Guys, have you seen Cassie?" Lexi asked them frantically, taking a moment to frown at their linked hands.

"I thought she was with you," both girls said simultaneously.

"No, we like got in a screaming fight and she got out the car in the middle of the road," Lexi explained, looking back at their faces.

"Wait, what?" Faith asked, letting go of Maddy's hand and stepping towards her girlfriend. "Why didn't you call me?"

"I did! Six times!" Lexi snapped at her, causing Faith to flinch back at her sudden tone.

"Don't talk to her like that, Lex," Maddy told her sternly, taking a protective step in front of Faith, who clutched Maddy's left arm tightly.

"Right... right, I'm sorry," Lexi took a deep breath, her bottom lip quivering slightly as she looked at Faith. "I-I'm sorry," Faith nodded, but kept her head down.

"What were you fighting about?" Maddy asked, the pad of her thumb stroking Faith's knuckles.

Faith zoned out as Lexi and Maddy talked, she snapped out of it when Lexi walked away, sending one last look Faith's way as Maddy dragged her along.

"There's no way Cassie's gonna miss the New Year's Eve party," said Maddy as Faith followed her. "Are you okay, Fi?"

"Fine," Faith mumbled. Maddy sent her a small, sympathetic smile before stopping at the bathroom door. Maddy dropped Faith's hands and banged on the door with both her fists.

"Someone's definitely fucking in there," said Faith, her ear against the door as she looked up at Maddy, who was grinning down at her.

"Or taking a shit," both giggled.

"I'm using the fuckin' bathroom!" A muffled voice called out, causing both girl's eyes to widen.

"Holy shit, Nate's taking a dump at a party!" Faith laughed.

"Nate!?" Maddy called through the door. Faith's eyebrows furrowed as she heard a female gasp and Nate shush someone.

"Uh, just a sec!" Nate called back, but Maddy had different ideas as she began jiggling the door knob. "Hold on!" Maddy began pounding the door again. "Yo! Just a minute!"

"Open the fucking door, Nate! I have to pee!" Maddy yelled.

"Yeah, come on, Big Brother!" Faith called back sarcastically. "Open the fucking door!"

"That's still so weird to hear," Maddy whispered in Faith's ear, causing the Morales girl to laugh.

"Right!?"

Maddy began banging on the door again repeatedly.

"You're giving me a headache," Faith laughed. "I'm going to get a drink, want anything?"