Fourteen

"What do you think?" Faith asked, coming out of the changing room and doing a spin, Maddy's eyes trailing from Faith's head down her body. The two were having a day out together, when they decided then and their to get their dresses for the winter formal coming up.

Faith done another spin, inspecting herself in the gold/cream dress. She liked it. After years of bullying herself and breaking herself down, Faith was finally starting to see her self worth, thanks to one Lexi Howard.

"Great," said Maddy, a genuine smile painted on her lips as she watched Faith take her phone out of her pocket, recording herself in the mirror before sending it off to Lexi.

"Who're you going to the dance with?" Faith asked suddenly, looking up from her phone. Maddy furrowed her eyebrows, her feet suddenly becoming intriguing as the heat raised to her face. She was hanging on to some miracle that Faith would ask her.

"Riding solo, why?" Maddy asked, running her hands along a dress.

"Just hoping you aren't going with Nate," Faith shrugged, throwing her phone on top of her purse. "I'm going to get changed then leave, okay? I'm bored and I fancy Taco Bell."

"Faith, wait," Maddy said as the other girl went to walk into the changing room. Faith paused, spinning around as Maddy stood up, closing the distance between them. The Morales girl stood there frozen in shock, her eyes wide as Maddy kissed her.

"What're you doing?" Faith asked when Maddy pulled away.

"I'm in love with you, Faith," Maddy finally admitted, Faith's jaw dropping in shock. "Please, just listen to me-"

"Listen to you?" Faith questioned, laughing in disbelief. "I've got a girlfriend, Maddy!"

"I know-"

"Maddy, I love her!" Faith shouted, the shop in the mall going silent, watching the two interact. "I love Lexi, I always have."

"But you had feelings for me," Maddy retorted. "Back in Middle School."

"Oh yes, when you publicly rejected me and made a fool out of me by snogging Nate in the hallway," Faith laughed bitterly, and even though she was only small, she managed to shove the Perez girl away from her. "I'm sorry that I lost feelings for a cold-hearted fucking bitch after that!"

Faith and Maddy stared at each other r for a few moments, before the latter picked up her dress and her purse and walked out, leaving Faith where she stood in disbelief.

—————

"Hey, how was shopping?" Lexi asked, looking up from her book when Faith got back to her apartment. Even though Lexi didn't live there, she was over a lot of the time. Four nights out of seven she would stay at Faith's, that being  Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays, basically the days her mother would get the most drunk.

"Shit," Faith shrugged, laying her dress on the dining table and throwing her purse on top. She sat down on the arm of the chair where Lexi sat, nuzzling her head into Lexi's neck. "What book are you on?"

"Goblet of Fire," Lexi smiled. Faith couldn't believe that her girlfriend had never read a single Harry Potter book or watched any of the films, so here Faith was making her read them all before watching the films.

"My favourite one," Faith smiled, closing her eyes as Lexi began to read out loud.

""Did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire, Harry?" Dumbledore asked calmly,"" Lexi read from the book, causing Faith to begin laughing as the film scene began replaying in her head. Lexi sent her a questioning look as Faith began giggling uncontrollably.