Eight

"Isn't it a lovely sight, Fifi?" Lexi murmured dreamily staring at the lights of the city festival, which were getting smaller and smaller. "Romantic I'd say," she exclaimed playfully, at which she received a scoff in return.

"Shut up Lexi," Faith growled in a shaky voice, shrinking more and more as the Ferris wheel lurched upward. And the rusty metal partitions didn't do much to calm her with their creaking, so she didn't risk clinging to one, with the nagging thought of her little body being thrown out of the cabin.

"Fifi..." Lexi's eyes dropped with guilt when she saw the horrified expression on the girl across from her, who was squeezing her eyes tightly shut, mentally praying that at any moment her feet would step on solid ground. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"What didn't you understand by 'I'm not a big fan of heights', you idiot?!" she growled nervously and let out a squeaky yelp when the cabin shook. Faith frantically looked around for something to hold her in place and jumped to the opposite seat clinging to Lexi's arm.

Faith ran her hand up Lexi's sleeve, hoping to get at least a little warmth. To her surprise Lexi wrapped both arms around her, enveloping her in a warm hug,which didn't exactly help the heights situation, but also gave a little reassurance that if she fell she would still drag Lexi with her.

Lexi ran her hand down Faith's back which sent shivers down her spine at the girl's gentle touch. "We're almost down Fifi," she muttered soothingly. Faith nodded before burying her head in the crook of Lexi's neck.

Lexi couldn't stop that tingling feeling in her stomach that made her smile at the sweet demeanor of the girl in her arms. She could smell Faith's gentle yet strong scent, at which Lexi prayed she didn't do anything awkward or weird to ruin this moment.

And just when everything looked perfect, the wheel came to an abrupt halt as the cab rocked, causing Faith to tighten her grip around Lexi. "Are we down here?" she mumbled into Lexi's blouse.

"Fi, don't panic-"

"That doesn't sound good to me-"

"I think we're stuck."

"Where?"

"Would it make you feel better if I told you the view from up here is gorgeous?" Lexi laughed nervously, at which Faith let out a loud groan.

"I don't want to die..."

"You will not die!"

"You don't know that!"

Lexi seemed to giggle at Faith's dilemma.

"Babe, it's just a ferris wheel."

"No, babe," Faith emphasised sarcastically, gripping tightly onto the metal safety bar. "This is a fucking death trap."

Lexi merely rolled her eyes and sighed, wrapping both her arms around Faith's shoulders, pulling their bodies close and warming them slightly. Faith responded by shivering; not from the cold breeze of the night, but from the small contact that their bodies had just made. The way in which her skin ignited beneath Lexi's fingertips was enough to calm her nerves ever so slightly.

"Fifi..." Lexi tried once more, her lips now grazing Faith's ear. "You need to relax."

Faith leaned further into her girlfriend, inhaling her scent as a means to calm herself down. Though, as the ferris wheel clanked one more, her fear returned just as quickly as it had dissolved.

"Lex, I can't... please, I hate heights," she squealed.

"Then I'll just have to distract you," whispered Lexi, nipping playfully at her girlfriend's earlobe. "Close your eyes, baby. Take a deep breath."