Chapter 1 - Y/n

♦︎_____________♦︎____________♦︎

A 23 year old woman sways through town. Noticing all of the new advertisements circulating through. Young teens run about browsing the latest flashy attire. Their voices drown away in the distance. You were never one of those barbie girls that wanted the latest attraction. I guess never having a pure childhood could be the culprit. 

Y-Y/n! P-please! I don't want to die! 

You purse your (lip color) lips together in self-disgust. You hated what you were put through. The endless torment by your superiors. Who taught you how to kill at the age of five. Since then you were a cold-blooded machine.  A being without emotions that should be put down. The villagers saw you as such. Almost begging the superiors to lock you up at the infamous Hōzuki Castle. 

You played into people's beliefs and became the emotionless thing they wanted you to be. It was utter hell and it showed all over your body. 

The only sun in your life was your friend Nobu Ota. You had met him by bumping into him by accident. Cliché, right? You end up freighting the boor boy by yelling at him. Thinking this would be the end of the road for the two of you. Nobu had other thoughts, he said you reminded him of his Aunt. Which at the time you instantly cringed inside and walked away in horror. 

But, as time went on you began to appreciate what Nobu did for you. Somehow you grew an affection toward the dark haired male. He was the only person that wanted to be around you in the village. 

"Y/n-san, there you are!" (?) shouts drawing you out of your day dreaming. You turn around and notice a masked ANBU member running toward you. 

"Hai?" You reply and stuff your hands deeper into your pockets. You fingers pressed together in anticipation. 

"The Mizukage would like to talk."  (?) stated and warped away before you had the chance to reply. Rubbing your face in frustration you made haste toward the kage tower.

_________

Knock, Knock 

"Enter."  a soft voice orders from the other side. You push the mahogany door forward and it clicks shut behind you. 

"You called, Mizukage-sama?"  You bowed and a sigh echoed. 

"Please, Pick up your head Y/n-chan. You don't need to do that." 

"If you insist." 

You couldn't help it, the old Mizukage was set on his ways. Making sure it was engraved into everyone's mind. Traditions must be kept, is what he would preach. This was his ultimate demise and condemned to an unfair death. 

"I have a new mission for you. The Fifth Hokage and I have been chatting about forming a potential alliance. They are in need of a new medical advisor in the hospital and what better person than my top ninja to achieve this." 

"Correct me if I'm wrong. But, this isn't the only reason why you chose me, given my background." I asked and her face gleamed in delight. 

"Bright as ever! I just thought since you are going over to the Leaf. I want you to keep tabs on a certain someone who killed Zabuza Momochi." 

She tosses you a concealed scrolled that had a red seal. You trace your finger tips against the bumpy surface and shred the seal. The scroll contained a poorly drawn headshot of a red/white kitsune face mask. Concealing the figures identify. 

"Of course, we have no actual photos of Kakashi Hatake. Only a very old rough idea of his features. But, you'll spot him when you lay eyes on him. I hope this wouldn't be a problem?" 

"No, of course not. You can count on me." I replied making the Mizukage smile. 

"Good."