Setting Up

Bruno was setting up the dishes for breakfast that morning. Evertime feels unreal to him even though it's been a year.

"Bruno is everything set up? Foods ready!" "Si Julietta!" Bruno called back to his sister. Soon everyone was in the dining room eating Julietta's food talking and laughing.

Bruno smiled, happy that he was no longer on the side. Abuela began to speak up, "today we will help set up the town for the founding festival. I want everyone to work hard." She looked at Mirabel's trying expression and added, "but you don't need to overdo it. La Familia Madrigal!"

Everyone repeated her and they all got to work. Isabella grew flowers of all kinds of varieties filling the town with color. Pepa made a beautiful rainbow go through the entire town. Luisa moved tables, tarps, chairs and decorations to their respective spots while Dolores and Camilo helped the townsfolk set them up.

Antonio also helped Luisa move things with the help of his animals. Julietta was busy in the kitchen making lots of food for everyone. Felix and Agustín were also helping out where they could with Mirabel.

The only person not helping was Bruno. Not because he didn't want to he just didn't know how. Everyone seemed to have everything covered. His family looked too busy for him to ask what he should do. And everytime he worked up the courage to help someone the air got thicker and it looked like they would faint if he got too close.

So he decided against it and went to his room. He contemplated for a while whether or not to have a vision. He thought about if he should see what will happen.

He still has a anxiety over his visions. In all of his 51 years he's only had 4 good visions. But his family finally began to understand that he doesn't make bad things happen but he still blames himself if he does see something bad.

Bruno decided to go to his room and have a vision. Even if it was something bad perhaps he could prevent it or at the very least warn everyone.

He went into his vision cave and set up his ritual. He had a few rats on him which helped him feel calmer. He threw salt over his shoulder and began lighting the leaves on fire.

He began his vision and thought about the festival to see what will happen. He saw everything going smoothly. The whole town having fun and his family very happy. He smiled as the vision stopped and he looked at the green glass showing fireworks in the sky with a lively town underneath.

As he walked out of his room Abuela saw him and froze at the sight of the green glass. Even though she promised her son she would be more accepting she still had anxiety about his visions.

"Brunito what did you see?" She asked trying to hide the fear in her voice. Bruno smiled, "Well everything will go perfectly this evening. So no need to worry." Abuela sighed and nodded before leaving to check if everything was in order.

Bruno was really happy to finally get a nice vision for once. He went into the kitchen to see if Julietta needed help.

Julietta didn't notice her brother entering the kitchen till he coughed. "Oh Bruno, I'm sorry I'm just really busy. Do you need something?"

"Oh no I was just wondering if you'd like some help?" Julietta looked around, "how about you take the already finished food out onto the table."

Bruno nodded and began to take out platter after platter. It felt good to help out, even if it's just a little bit.

The whole family couldn't wait for the festival. Everyone deserved to let loose and dance the night away after all of their hard work.

Bruno put his vision in a special drawer in his room. This is where he keeps all of his good visions. The one he saw of Pepa marrying Felix, the one of Julietta marrying Agustín, the one of Isabella's powers growing and her becoming the young women she is today, and the one of Mirabel saving the miracle hugging Isabella. Sure she didn't like it in the beginning but that vision brought so much good he just had to keep it. (If your wondering he glued it back together after Antonio found it.)

Now his good vision count was up to 5. He hoped to have fun with his family and help the townsfolk get over there anxiety when if comes to his visions.