Forgiveness

Mirabel began to wake up the family to start the day. She went to Gaël's room and found all 3 of her cousins snuggled together on the bed.

She went up to them and pulled the covers off of them. "Rise and shine!" "Gah!" They shot up and chased after Mirabel as she laughed.

They stopped in their tracks as they saw Abuela. They went up to her. "Abuela we-"

All 4 of then spoke at the same time, "I'm really sorry." They looked at eachother shocked. "May I speak?"

They nodded slowly as Abuela took a deep breath. "I am so sorry for how I treated you 3 over the years. And especially for last night. I shouldn't have acted that way. Will you please forgive me."

They nodded with a few tears in their eyes smiling. They went up and hugged their Abuela tightly. She let out a breath of relief and held them tightly.

Lola got an idea, "Abuela after breakfast would you like to see Abuelo Pedro?" "You can really show me him?" Lola nodded, "I believe so yes."

They went to breakfast and the triplets sat next to Abuela. Bruno and Eulalia were happy that they made up. Abuela also apologized to Bruno and promised to be better.

After breakfast Lola and her brothers went to her room with Abuela. "Ok I can do this I can do this."

Abuela couldn't help but chuckle at how similar they are to Bruno. Lola closed her eyes and the room began to grow even colder as the blue flames grew brighter.

Lola opened her eyes as they glew bright blue. "Ok Abuela hold onto my hands." Abuela carefully grabbed her nieta's hands and was surprised by how cold they were.

Then she heard a voice she hadn't heard for a long time. "Hello mi amor, long time no see."

Abuela turned around to her Pedro's voice, tears escaping her eyes. "Pedro," she tried to hug him but she couldn't let go of Lola's hands.

"Lo siento Abuela, you can't touch him. Only see and hear him, besides if you let go you won't be able to see or hear him."

Abuela nodded in understanding. "I've missed you Pedro." He smiled, "I've missed you too. But I've always been here looking over you."

Abuela nodded, "I know." They talked for a long time till Lola started to shake uncontrollably. Her fingers and lips were rapidly turning blue as she was growing pale.

"Shoot Abuela let go let go." Gaël knew what was happening. Similar things happened to their dad when he did too many visions. He would pass out for hours at a time.

Oscar tried to pry Abuelas fingers off of Lola so it would stop. Abuela pleaded with them, "please just a little longer I don't want to say goodbye." She looked over at Pedro who was fading away. "No no please Lola, please make him stay."

She looked down at Lola and gasped. She did not relize the state Lola was in. Abuela let go immediately and Lola fell back.

Oscar caught her and was terrified, "she's so cold." Gaël started to yell for their parents. Even with his gift he has no idea what to do.

Abuela ran out of Lola's room looking for Julietta. Bruno and Eulalia bumped into to her. "Mama what happened!"

Abuela tried to speak but fell down clutching her chest. "Mama! Mama!" Bruno began to yell for Julietta, but he also heard Gaël still yelling for him.

Eulalia kissed Bruno on the cheek, "I'll stay with her mi amor. Please see what's wrong with Gaël.

Bruno nodded and ran off to Lola's room. He saw his daughter blue and pale shaking in spasms on the ground. "Niños what happened?!"

He asked his sons as he went down to where Oscar was holding Lola. Oscar was still in shock holding his sister tenderly. So Gaël explained as best as he could.

"Lola wanted to show Abuela, Abuelo Pedro and I think she overdid it. She began to grow really cold and shook violently." Gaël accidentally read his father's mind.

"Papa is Abuela going to be ok?" Bruno didn't know, his mother is pretty old. Gaël hugged his father, "are you ok Papa."

He shook his head, "I'm more worried for your sister." Gaël looked back and nodded. Bruno picked her up and went to Julietta's room with Oscar and Gaël following close behind.

They walked into Julietta's room with Abuela on the bed and Julietta crying. Gaël immediately knew that Abuela was dead.

"Tia please I know your hurting we all will be but please please help Lola." Julietta looked up and saw Lola's state. "Oh Dios Mio! What happened?".

Bruno looked at his mother's lifeless body stunned. Julietta took Lola, "she's freezing! Oscar light the fire. Gaël get some blankets."

They nodded and did as their Tia said. Eulalia went up to Bruno and held him close. "I'm so sorry mi amor, she had a heart attack and we couldn't save her."

He looked over at Lola and began to cry. "How did today spiral out of control like this?" Eulalia held him close trying to stay strong.

Gaël and Oscar went over to their parents wrapping them in a big hug. "Lo is strong, she's going to be ok." Gaël said assuringly. They all waited to see if she would pull through.

A few hours later Julietta went to them and they stood up waiting for the news. She smiled and nodded. Bruno, Eulalia, Oscar and Gaël ran to Lola's side immediately.

"Lola, mi amor, are you ok?" Eulalia caressed her daughters face. Lola wearily nodded, "i-i'm sorry." She began to cry, "Abuela is gone because of me." Eulalia shook her head and held Lola close. Bruno held them both along with Oscar and Gaël.

The rest of the family came in and grieved over Abuelas body.