We Have New Gifts

The triplets walked down the tiles holding eachothers hands in encouragement. Giving eachother strength.

Abuela watched them with anticipation. She wasn't mad anymore about the prank that's just who they were, 3 little scamps. But she was curious as to what her sons children's gifts will be.

A lot of the town was curious about that to. And we're actually nervous about the 3 of them getting their gifts.

Bruno and Eulalia on the other hand couldn't be more proud of their children walking up the stairs and standing outside their doors. The triplets looked to their parents who smiled and nodded their heads.

Bruno whispered, "don't worry you got this." They smiled back and Abuela asked them if they would use their gifts to strengthen the community. They all nodded and looked to eachother before reaching for their doors.

All of their doors began to glow and shift. Immediately Lola's eyes began to glow and Gaël began to hold his head in pain.

Bruno and Eulalia ran to their children. Bruno went to Lola while Eulalia went to Gaël. Oscar looked at his siblings stunned not knowing what was happening to them. It frightened him.

Bruno tried to get Lola to look at him but it was difficult. Her head looked like it was on a swivel. She was looking all around the room her brows furrowed in sadness.

"Amor what's wrong?" He held her cheek and she looked at him. "I I see," her eyes widened as she looked at her Abuela. She saw her Abuelo Pedro and he's definitely looked better.

She sees him as a blue spirit with a giant slash across his chest, his shrit stained with blood.

He smiled and spoke to her, "don't worry none of the others will hurt you." She sighed in relief, "they just look scary." He nodded, "I know but remember they are all people. Even if they've seen better days."

Lola giggled, "thanks Abuelo Pedro." She shut her eyes and reopened them the glow gone and all of the spirits out of sight.

Bruno held his daughter, "Lola are you ok amor." She nodded with a few tears in her eyes. "Yeah I'm, I'm ok. That will just take some getting used to."

Just then Gaël screamed, "SHUT UP!" He was still holding his head in pain. Eulalia was trying to talk to him, "Gaël what's wrong mijo. Please tell me."

She held him close in her lap, a lot of the townsfolk were starting to whisper among themselves. "What's going on?" "This doesn't look normal?" "Well what did you expect?"

Bruno went to his son ignoring the whispers. He looked at the door and saw an older version of his son. Lot's of thoughts swarming around him as he held his head.

He looked to everyone, "um can you all stop thinking for a moment." They all were confused and that caused them to think more. Gaël screamed again in pain, "PLEASE STOP PLEASE STOP!"

Oscar was in the middle and yelled also at the townsfolk, "stop!" He raised his hand and all of the townsfolk froze in place.

"Woah, ok that worked." He looked over at his brother who had tears in his eyes but took his hands off his head. "That was the worst pain I've ever felt and possibly will ever feel in my entire life."

Eulalia held her son, "what happened Gaël?" "I could hear all of their thoughts. It was all in here." He pointed to his head. "Too many it felt like my head was going to implode."

Lola and Oscar went to their brother hugging him tightly. He welcomed it and held them close. Abuela and the family were very confused. "Oscar, can you unfreeze or whatever you did can you undo it to the townsfolk."

Oscar shook his head, "no Abuela. The moment I do that there will be too many thoughts and that will hurt Gaël." He thought for a second and looked at his door. It was an older him holding a clock with right and left arrows next to him.

He took a deep breath and moved his hand to the left. Immediately the townsfolk unfroze and began to move backwards. Time being reversed on all of them as they cleared out of Casita.

Abuela had no idea what to do. So she did the most simple thing she could think of. "Bruno may I have a word with you?" He reluctantly nodded and followed Abuela.

Oscar, Lola and Gaël also followed them. Once Bruno was in her room she let out her emotions on him. "What was that! What kind of gifts were your children given?"

Bruno took a deep breath, "Lola can see and communicate with spirits of the dead. Oscar can manipulate the time on people. And Gaël can read minds, but the amount of people and the amount of thoughts overwhelmed his mind."

Abuela scoffed, "he should have controlled it better." She was thinking about how she controlled her grief.

Gaël scoffed, "oh yeah she "controlled" her grief alright."

Bruno wasn't going to let his mother talk about his son that way. "Control? Mama he just got his gift and he's only 5 years old. How do you expect him to have immediate control over it."

She held her face and sighed, "Well he shouldn't have made such a scene. You should have taken my advice over the years. Now look at how your children behave."

Lola, Oscar and Gaël looked at eachother not knowing what to do. "Abuela was really pushy on us but mama and papa always held her back. Did that hurt them? Are we bad?" Lola asked beginning to doubt herself.

Oscar shook his head, "no we are us. That's all we need to be. And she needs to accept that."

They all nodded and continued to watch the scene. "Mama they are still young. They deserve to be kids." He looked at his mother, sadness evident on his face

"What happened mama? You were, you were doing so much better. But as soon as they were born you went right back to the woman you used to be. Why?"

She wouldn't answer him but Gaël knew exactly why, and it infuriated him. "Nope I'm going in."

Before his siblings could say anything he was barging into the room his finger pointed at Abuela. "I don't care that you went through such a traumatic experience. I'm sorry you didn't get to live the life you wanted with Abuelo Pedro. But that isn't an excuse to use us to try to get the life you wanted."

She still stood shocked, "you're too stubborn Abuela. You need to let the past go. You need to let go of what might have been. You need to stop living in fantasies."

Abuela relized what she had done. She'd done it again, she hurt her family again. Worse she hurt her sons family just as much as she hurt him. And had the gall to get mad at him.

"I'm I'm so sorry." She reached out for Gaël but he recoiled. "We're going to need actions more than words Abuela." He walked out of the room leaving Abuela and Bruno.

Abuela looked at Bruno, "Brunito I I really am sorry." Bruno shook his head and sighed. "I know mama, but, were you really trying to live through us?"

Abuela looked down in shame, Bruno left and went to check on his family.