The Next Day

Today was Camilo's turn to set up the dishes for breakfast. He tried using his position to swipe extra food but his Tia caught and scolded him.

"Psst kid." Bruno whispered to gain Camilo's attention. Camilo looked over to see Bruno putting the extra food discretely back onto Camilo's plate.

Bruno put his fingers to his lips and walked off as Camilo began to thank the heavens for a Tio who could swipe food.

Everyone sat down and began to eat. Mirabel was sitting next to Beuno and took the opportunity to talk to him about last night.

"So tio Bruno, are you feeling better?" Bruno nodded and looked at Mirabel curiously.

"Well it's just you were so tired and I was wondering if there was more to it?" Bruno knew what she was trying to do. "I'm fine Mirabel, but thanks for caring." He smiled at Mirabel but Mirabel was still not convinced that he was ok.

After breakfast Mirabel asked Dolores if she heard anything. "No sorry it's difficult to hear anything from Tio Bruno's room due to the sand. Although I did hear him trying to talk to some people during the party."

Mirabel raised her eyebrows surprised, "really? How did it go?" Dolores shook her head, "not very well I could hear several of their hearts and breathing rapidly accelerate when he got near them." Mirabel frowned and nodded at this information. It's been a year and the people still haven't adjusted to him being around. Time for her to give her Tio some confidence and help prove just how amazing he is.

Mirabel marched to Bruno's room and burst through the door scaring Bruno. "Do you have to do that Mirabel oh Dios mio."

Mirabel smiled sheepishly, "Sorry Tio Bruno but there's a few things I need to ask you." Bruno nodded and listened to his sobrina.

"Is it true that you tried to talk to some of the townsfolk?" Mirabel already knew but she wanted to see her Tio's answer.

"Well yeah but you know it didn't go like I hoped." He tailed off, "but... that's to be expected you know! Nothing to worry about, I'm just glad to be back home."

He smiled to reassure Mirabel. "Ok we need to get to work right away." Mirabel said grabbing Bruno's hand. "Woah wait what?" But he could hardly protest she was already dragging him outside of the door.

"By the end of the day the whole town will be singing your graces. Or at least I'll die trying." "Please Mirabel you don't have to-" Mirabel put her finger to Bruno's lips shushing him. "No we will not have that attitude today. Come on here is our first stop. Ready!"

"N-" He was cut off by Mirabel knocking on the door. Oh boy here we go.

By the end of the day several people were apologizing to Bruno for all of the misunderstandings.

"I didn't know you couldn't control what you see." "I'm sorry, I should never have blamed my fish's death on you." "I'm sorry for making you look into the future and then yelling at you for telling me something I didn't want to hear."

Several apologies Bruno couldn't believe it. He went back home with Mirabel feeling like a heavy load was taken off of him. "Thank you Mirabel, for everything."

Mirabel smiled, "no need to thank me Tio Bruno. Family helps eachother, besides all I did was tell them the truth."

Bruno smiled thankful to have such an amazing sobrina. "Now there is one more thing we need to do."

"What?" "Well you need to gain more confidence when it comes to yourself. And that includes your gift."