The Festival

Fireworks shot up announcing the beginning of the founding festival of Encanto. (Not the day Pedro died the day the town felt that it was actually a town.)

The town was so lively and magical with lanterns lighting up the streets of Encanto. The Madrigals were entertaining everyone but also taking it easy.

After a bit Abuela went up to make a speech. "51 years ago we were given a miracle. And 50 years ago we worked together using that miracle to create our beautiful Encanto. Here's to 50 years of hard work to make our home a paradise."

She raised her glass and so did everyone else. She got down and everyone began partying again.

Mirabel was having fun with her sisters when she noticed something. Her Tio Bruno was standing on the side staying hidden. She went over to him.

"Hey tio Bruno! Enjoying the festivities?" He jumped back a bit shocked. "Oh Mirabel, um yes everything is great."

He smiled looking out at the party sighing a little bit. "I'm just tired, I think I'll go back home if that's ok."

Mirabel was a confused, "what why? Did something happen tio Bruno?" "No no nothing happened. Honestly I'm just tired."

Mirabel nodded uncertain but felt that she shouldn't press the issue further. She went back to her cousins while Bruno headed home.

He wasn't completely lying. He isn't used to so many people and that was a bit draining. But the main reason he wanted to leave was because he didn't want to ruin anything.

He did try to talk more and socialize with the town. He wanted to try to apologize and explain that he doesn't make bad things happen and that he can't tell everyone what they want to hear all of the time.

But he could tell that everyone was nervous when he went up to talk to them. He just didn't want to keep going at something fruitless.

Abuela looked around at the perfect night. She used to give up so much for this. But now she could see that she didn't have to.

Though she did notice something off, where was Bruno? She asked around and lots of people said they hadn't seen him for a bit. Others told her they were relieved he wasnt their anymore which made her feel guilty.

Mirabel told her, "oh he went home saying he was tired." Abuela nodded and asked no more about it. She knew she had a lot of work to do to help Bruno, and to undo all of the taboo when it comes to him.

Bruno went into his room and sighed. That was the most he's been around people since the re building of Casita. Though then it was easier because he didn't have his gift and people were comfortable knowing he couldn't see the future so he couldn't tell them anything they didn't want to hear.

But now that he can see the future again all of their anxieties about him have come back. This makes everyone on edge when he is around. Even his family though not as much as the town.

Bruno took out the vision of the happy town under fireworks. He saw everyone but himself. "That's what I missed." He said to himself.

He smiled sadly, "at least they are happy." Bruno then went to bed while the town celebrated.