The Vision

"No no no I don't really want to risk it so..." Bruno walked faster trying to avoid the subject. "But we went over this Tio Bruno. You don't make bad things happen. Maybe we can learn a new way for you to use your gift."

"How?" "Well have you ever tried to change what happens?" Bruno chuckled, "of course I tried it never worked. Whatever I saw still happened. Most of the time it was something inevitable that nobody could fix."

Mirabel wasn't convinced, "but what about saving Casita? That was something that could be fixed. Maybe it depends on the situation for you to be able to help."

Bruno looked to the side, "maybe." He said with uncertainty. "Look you can take your time with this. But maybe you should test it out."

"Ok I'll try." Mirabel smiled, "I'm glad. You just need to see how amazing you are."

They made it back to Casita and got ready for dinner. After everyone ate they all went to bed and went to sleep. Accept for one.

Bruno lied awake thinking about what Mirabel said. That kid is very good at seeing the best in everyone and helping them. He just didn't know how he could change or fix what he saw.

Most of the time it was more for the person he told to fix it not him. He was more the messenger than anything else.

The next morning Bruno was still deep in thought trying to make sense of what exactly he could do. But mainly he was just avoiding the obvious way to figure it out, by having another vision.

After breakfast everyone went into town to help the people. Bruno stayed behind pacing in his room.

The town noticed that Bruno wasn't with the rest of the Madrigals. Alot of them were confused. Had they not been clear that they were no longer mad at him?

"Ok I can do this I can do this I can do this." Bruno said to himself as he prepared to have another vision. He's never had a vision for no one before so it could be about anything.

The sand swirled around him as he saw the outskirts of the Encanto late at night. He saw a woman trudging through the river holding her side as blood seeped through her fingers. He didn't know who she was but could tell she was dying.

She fainted and fell face first in the river. Bruno watched in horror as the woman drowned and the river filled with blood.

The vision ended and he looked at the horrific image. He whispered to himself over and over. "This is not my fault, I can fix this."

(Edit, I'm sorry I forgot to show it but Bruno could see in the vision that it is night time. That's why he only waited for her at night.)

He walked out of his room and saw the family setting up for diner. He knew night was coming so he decided to wait at the river till morning.

Mirabel saw him sneak out and followed him. She followed him discretely all the way to the edge of the Encanto. (The big crack in the mountain is still there). Where is her Tio going?

Bruno sat down with a book, jounal, lantern, pencil and a bag of Julietta's food waiting for the women to show up. He began to write some new telenovelas.

Mirabel came up to him and couphed making her presence known. "Oh it's just you Mirabel. What are you doing here?"

"Following you, what are you doing sneaking out here?" Bruno looked away unsure if he should tell her. He took a deep breath and took out the fresh green slab from his vision.

"What what does this mean Tio Bruno?" Mirabel was shocked that her Tio's vision was so morbid. "Well I did as you said. I had a vision for myself and that is what I saw. I think, well hope anyway, that if I'm here I'll be able to save her whoever she is."

Mirabel nodded and sat down, "would you like me to stay with you?" Bruno smiled and shook his head. "I appreciate the offer but you should probably go home and get some rest."

"Ok but just call for Dolores or someone if you need anything." Bruno nodded and went back to writing as Mirabel went back home.

Mirabel told the family where Bruno was and they were all a little shocked. Abuela didn't know what to say, she had no idea they could prevent Bruno's visions.

Bruno waited all night and she never showed up. She will show up and need help and he will be there to help her.