Chapter 11 - The Meeting

''I think I'm going to have headache.'' Seraphina said as she, Hyacinth and Thyra walked towards their second last class of the day, Geography.

''That's what Arithmancy does.'' Thyra replied.

''Ugh, I hate numbers!'' She complained and pinched the bridge of her nose. ''Is there an option of dropping the class?''

''Yes, two years from now.'' Hyacinth laughed.

''Oh, kill me now!" Seraphina shouted dramatically, as she walked a few steps ahead of her friends, massaging her head and eyes in the process.

''If only it were that easy.'' Thyra joked.

Although Seraphina feared she was not really joking.

''Would it be okay, if I choose to skip Arithmancy classes? I mean, unlike the others, Professor Paxton didn't even once acknowledge my presence, he kind of just-oof!" She bumped into someone and dropped her hands from her face.

All she saw was black.

That was until she looked up, and her eyes met the most gorgeous pair of midnight blue eyes she had ever seen. In fact, she had never seen midnight blue eyes before.

Somewhere behind her she heard the sound of footsteps coming to a stop and someone gasping. Hyacinth probably.

''Either you have really bad eyesight, or you just like me too much.'' A deep, cocky voice broke her out of her trance. A deep voice she recognized from her first day here at the academy.

Atlas.

''It's neither.'' She quickly recovered and snapped at him.

''Well, why don't you watch where you're going, Fleming,'' he shot back.

Frig, he knew her name. Seraphina's heart palpitated, and she could feel the heat begin to rise at the base of her neck, but she would not let that affect her, let him affect her. She did not come here to be distracted by boys who had midnight blue eyes.

Atlas on the other hand, sucked in a breath and watched the auburn haired beauty in front of him, who was looking everywhere else but at him. When she finally did look up, her mismatched eyes were blazing fire and all he could do was just stare and admire them.

''Well, why don't you wear something other than black! Maybe then people will be able to spot you, V-V-Val- Vul-'' she struggled with his name.

He almost smiled at how cute she looked as she fumbled with his name, but he managed to hold it back.

''Volkenburg.'' Hyacinth stepped up and whispered to her slowly.

''Yes. Volkenburg!'' Seraphina tilted her head up and looked him in the eye proudly. ''Thanks.'' she then quietly whispered to her friend.

Atlas couldn't help it and he smiled at her antics, but quickly dropped it and replaced it with a smirk. ''Maybe I like it when poor sighted girls like you bump into me occasionally,'' he crossed his arms and replied cockily.

Seraphina had to tear her eyes away from the bulging muscles underneath that black tunic he was wearing, Suddenly the mold growing out of the wall behind him was more interesting, but the moment he called her poor sighted her eyes flashed back to him.

''I am not poor sighted!"' she yelled and resisted the urge to stomp her foot like a spoiled child. ''And if it's girls you want bumping into you, I'm sure Daphne and her bimbettes wouldn't mind! Now, excuse me, I've got to get to class.''

She squeezed past him to get through the classroom door, Hyacinth and Thyra followed closely. The former smiled politely at the werewolf prince, while the latter completely ignored his presence.