Chapter 15: A Scar-ry Tale

Atlas paced around his dorm mad with fury. His eyes flashed between midnight blue to his wolf's electric blue. He was feeling double the anger, both his and his wolf's.

''Who was she talking about? Who?!'' he roared and resisted the urge to punch the wall. Never ever had anyone triggered his anger like the way Seraphina Fleming had two days ago.

Caspian, who was seated on his chair, watched with a bored expression as his best friend roared and shouted around. It had been two days since he had tried to make her jealous and it had backfired on him.

''Have you vowed to remain silent or what? Why aren't you saying anything?!''

''It's because I have no clue who Timothy is, and from the looks of it,'' he gestured to the other boys' state, ''neither do you. But do you know who does?''

''No!'' Atlas snapped. ''No way am I walking up to her to ask her that!''

''Very well then, suit yourself,'' Caspian sighed. 

Wolves and their mountain sized egos.

''Anyway, you are doing a great job of avoiding her for the past few days, might as well continue, don't you think so?''

''Cut the sarcasm, bud,'' Atlas scoffed at him. He then continued pacing around their dorm. His wolf had slightly calmed down and retreated to the back of his mind which made him feel a tad bit better, if not at all.

''So what do you intend to do now?''

''I'm going to Mooncrest for the weekend. Maybe letting my wolf out will help me clear my head,'' Atlas replied. ''Will you do me favor?'''

''So long as it does not involve any killing or me getting killed, I'll do it.''

''Perfect. I need to you to find out from her who this Timothy person is,'' Atlas said. ''But,'' he continued before Caspian interjected, ''you need to do it discreetly. Don't ask her about it upfront.''

''That is as good as me getting killed. I'm not going to do it. In case you haven't noticed, the girl controls fire!''

''And you are a mage. More experienced than her too.''

''Did you or did you not see what she did to that pillar just days ago?''

''Oh yes,'' Atlas nodded, sporting a proud smirk, ''I saw that.''

''Then?! After seeing that, you want to me walk up to her and ask her about a boy she knows?'' Caspian stood up abruptly. ''Do you not see how that is potentially a problem for me?''

''Potentially a problem! POTENTIALLY A PROBLEM!''

''Atlas, relax!!!'' Caspian yelled at his friend, raising his hands up, just in case he actually loses it and transforms. ''You're overthinking this, bud. Just talk to her.''

''Have you met Seraphina Fleming?'' Atlas sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. ''She does not have a single nice thing to say to me. We barely even talk!''

''And why do you think that is?'' Caspian crossed his arms across his chest and raised an eyebrow at him.

''Of course, go ahead, take her side, won't you?!''

''Look, either you swallow your pride and talk to her or you find someone else to yell at.'' Caspian walked over to his desk and grabbed his books. ''Now, are you coming or not?''

***

As soon as the three girls found their seats in class, Atlas and Caspian walked in. They all exchanged smiles and waves save for Seraphina and Atlas, who completely ignored each other's presence.