°Chapter 9°

Esmerelda's POV

Ugh... He's draining me but atleast the others are free...
"Tell me now! You 'guardian' what is 'fate' planning to do!?"
"I'm not telling you... Even if it costs my life..."
"Oh so now you're a tough one aren't you? Well then let's see how this goes." He snaps his fingers and out of thin air appears Pxlr, no way how did he get him!
"Xornoth please... Don't harm him..."
He just giggled before a bubble appeared it seemed to glisten a bright purple, alerting me. Memory bubbles!

It swayed around Pxlr and Xornoth looked at me with a smirk. Do I do it? Or not...?

"Oh come on, I'm sure you don't want him to find out this way... Right?" He continued hovering off the ground.
"...No... I won't tell you..." I muttered in defeat.
He's smirk disappeared and instead formed a frown. The bubble then popped and a purple like liquid circles around Pxlr, engulfing him whole.
I turned my head away from the sight. The shame and guilt that lingered in me proved to be at fault. I didn't want it to go like this... I didn't mean to befall any harm onto him... I didn't mean anything... Yet in some way, karma seems to always catch up to me...

I'm sorry... I'm sorry that you'll have to find out this way...

Gem's POV

Pxlr's been captured but the rest of us managed to escape. "Guys... I can't go with you..." Lizzie started before stopping in her tracks. "Why...?" Fwhip asked clutching his sword tight.
"I made a deal, an Alpine always fulfills their end of the margin..." She continued before dozens of ice Spike's appeared around her and were hurdling towards us. Suddenly a wall made of vines sprouted out from the ground and blocked the upcoming impact. Katherine... I hadn't seen her like this before... She's always cheerful but right now she's desperate... Desperately clinging on to life...
"... Lizzie, Stand down..." She began with a tone of disgust.
"Sorry Kat, like I said. An Alpine always fulfills their end of the margin." She responded before some sort of sword appeared out of thin air and she charged for Katherine, she too got out her own weapon and fought back, what a scene...
But that was rudely interrupted by Scott who charged at me! I hardly had time to avoid the attack before Fwhip could block it for me.

"Hands off my sister, Scott..." He said with a scoff at the end. Scott's eyes just glowed a bright red before he started fighting Fwhip...
My staff then glowed a vibrant purple before I charged a spell towards him, knocking Scott of his feet. But then he got back up, that's impossible... The spell I casted was a paralysis spell... That should have kept him down for at least five minutes!
"Smart move, Gem..." Scott momentarily spoke, before disappearing and reappearing behind me.

And for a minute... I swear that I saw Pearl... Giving me a solemn expression, it's been long since I've seen her... Scott had used that stupid freeze spell that started taking effect pretty fast and Shubble was still out cold or so I thought...

Sausages POV

I got what I wanted... I did my part... I got Pearls soul back and that's all I wanted...

But now looking back... Would Pearl be happy from what I did... Better find out...
I carefully put the orb onto the ground and recited the spell Xornoth had given me, thankfully it worked and the orb glowed a bright yellow before a ghost like figure emerged from it.

"Pearl...?" I began, holding back the tears. "... Sausage..." She responded as the light dispersed and there she was, in her normal form hovering off the ground.
"Pearl! Your here! Like right here in front of me!" I chirped in excitement and tears streaming down. She gave me warm smile before hugging me.
But then... The world around slowly faded away, taking Pearl with it.
"What...?" I muttered backing up from my current position. Then shackles appeared out of thin air and cuffed my hands and feet.
"Wow! I can't believe that actually worked, if you're listening to this right now, well you've most likely fell for my trick." A voice said in the darkness ahead.
I squirmed around, trying to break free. I was so naive... I didn't see through his plans...
No wonder he let me go so easily... And now the others are in trouble because of me...