11

It shouldn't be feeling this natural to him, it should probably feel a bit more disgusting or bad to be sitting in between the species he had been told to hate, but tucked between two sirens he just wants to melt into the warm hold

But he restricts himself from doing so as he felt four questioning eyes on him all sitting far away as if stopping themselves from accidentally touching him to kick start the soulmate bond.

That hurts a bit, stings a little that he is in a situation where his soulmates do not trust him enough. But he swallowed that un- reasonable part down, trying to focus on the discussion taking place at the moment.

" I am not sure how we are supposed to move forward with this, your bond with Taehyung and Jimin was not planned and I am sure you are yourself pretty bewildered at the moment so we would like to discuss this in detail before moving anything forward.". The bluff alpha said in all seriousness.

However, the only thing that registered in Jungkook 's mind was the name of his two mates, Taehyung and Jimin, it's a pretty name. Pretty like his mates, suit them so prettily.

He smiled dreamily.

His daze state was broken by another voice, deep and rough, "Namjoon, I am sorry but I don't think this little mermaid look in mindset to comprehend your deep chat can we skip to the core reason if this gathering. "

Jungkook looked at the alpha slightly offended by the siren's comment of him being unable to comprehend deep talks but before he could comment on the blatant disrespect (yes, he considers it disrespect). He felt the hand of his mate Jimin's hand moves in soothing circles on his back effectively calming down the sudden kick of anger he felt.

It was amusing but terrifying, Jungkook had always struggled with his aggression, and with sudden kicks of anger, he gets unexpectedly, however, no one was able to calm him this easily.

He likes that, likes the way he can lean onto someone without feeling like a burden.

" first thing, do you want to have a soulmate bond with us too...?? Like no pressure if you want to take your time that's okay too. No one is going to question it you know. " This time it was the siren with a bright and friendly personality, something he would expect dolphins to have not a siren.

But he could hear self-doubt slipping into his words.

Jungkook slowly detached himself from his mates, leaning forward to grab the glass of water placed in front of him, "I have no problem with starting a soulmate bond with any of you. Although I still have some reservations considering you all are...... you know... Sirens... but I am going to assume that the universe never does wrong, but we should at least introduce ourselves. "

Jungkook could feel his two mates beside him visibly tense when he mentioned their species but he really does not have any intention to hide the fact that he has some doubts and concerns about them.

Because acceptance is the first step towards understanding.

The four sirens looked at him with eyes soft and nodded softly.

" I am Kim Namjoon, the head of our pack."

Jungkook was almost entranced by the smile and the two dimples of the siren, are sirens supposed to look this cute usually ???

" Kim Seokjin, the oldest "

Jungkook turned toward Namjoon, " you are not the oldest?? Then how are you the leader ?? "

Everyone sighed as if already tired of being asked the question a hundred times before.

" It is because they trust me to take lead in making important decisions. We usually solve any problem that we have as a family together but Yoongi Hyung, Jin Hyung, and Hobi Hyung don't like responsibility"

Jungkook nodded his head.

" I am Yoongi " the introduction was short, crisp, and as unfriendly as it can be, Jungkook felt a little uncomfortable under the gaze of the siren.

" I am Hoseok, or you can just call me Hobi Hyung, pretty. " Jungkook chuckled at the way siren winked at him.

He smiled and nodded his head, " I am Jeon Jungkook, and this is my first time on land..... I actually came here only to search for my mates ".

He shy- ed away a bit as he felt the cooing noise from the sirens but he didn't raise his head up to see who was it coming from.

The atmosphere turned into a comfortable homely one but he felt a nagging in the back of his head, a vision like the nightmare he usually had but he was wide awake.

" our precious weapon... Our beautiful weapon. All for us .. All for the noble cause. Our precious weapon ..... Our.. "

Jungkook yelled clutching his head covering his ears trying to stop the voices but it only grew louder and louder in his head.

********

A/n

Hope you liked the update ...

Let me know 🥰