28

Jungkook felt breathless, he could not see and could not move eyes hazy as he lay on what feels like a bed made of clouds, it was too comfortable all he could feel was comfort

Jungkook felt breathless, he could not see and could not move eyes hazy as he lay on what feels like a bed made of clouds, it was too comfortable all he could feel was comfort. However, as he tried to clear up his vision to see around it felt even hazier.

Then he heard a soft voice almost like a whistle, " open your eyes my child. " as if this permission was what his eyes were waiting for as his vision started to clear up.

And all Jungkook could see was a wide dark blue ocean but he felt safe as safe as he had imagined a mother's lap to feel like.

" My child "

Jungkook turned to face the source of the voice.

She looked divine someone you are afraid of but pray to at the same time, her appearance would ignite fear in the pit of the stomach but her aura was of a mother

Jungkook gulped, " who are you ?? "

The woman smiled her eyes so full of warmth that Jungkook couldn't put up his usual defenses up.

" call me mother, baby... You have suffered a lot my darling come take a nap. "

Jungkook doesn't know how he finds himself on the lap of the woman, he fits in her lap as if he was so small shielded in his mother's embrace from all the demons but this isn't his mother she is a goddess.

The late realization wasn't enough to wake him up from the slumber the goddess had put him into and it felt like after almost a lifetime of struggling to live, struggling to get somewhere, struggling to build a home for himself he felt as if he was finally home.

Finally where he belongs on the lap of a mother who will protect him and he can rest assured under her care. A tear slid down his cheeks however it was wiped off by a gentle hand.

" shh... Shh... Do not worry, just rest you will be alright, I am right here beside you. "

He believes it as he let himself fall asleep into a sleep filled with the happiest dreams and one that gives him a well-desired rest after all the madness.

***

" JUNGKOOK .... come on wake up baby... Please "

" come on Taehyung, he must have just been tired, he went through a lot in the past days, it must be exhaustion. "

" he just fainted like that hyung, I was scared. "

" I know buddy, all of us are scared for our little mate, yeah just let him get some rest, he will be healthy and back to us in no time ... "

" yes hyung. "

" do you want to bring our baby mermaid to bed ?? "

Taehyung gave a blinding smile rushing to pick up the unconscious boy rushing to bring him to the comfortable bed.

The baby ( monster as the siren named him ) was also calm now probably equally concerned for his mom as the sirens.

And it took all the will of sirens to ignore how the scary monster looked cute at the moment like a lost puppy seeing Jungkook faint like that.

The baby looked at them taking away his mother and screeched in agony and then Jimin came forward opening his arms for a weapon that was made to kill his whole species.

The baby looked confused and untrusting slowly sniffing the siren's hand before getting antsy at being away from his mother and jumping into his arms making Jimin stumble a bit but carrying it to the bathtub transferring him near Jungkook's bed.

****

Jungkook opened his eyes, never had he ever felt so well rested before. He got up eyes on the goddess who was standing in front of the glass shield, and jungkook could see a completely different world on the other side.

He walked towards the goddess tentatively standing behind her looking at the same thing the goddess was looking at.

" how is my favorite little one feeling. "

Jungkook felt a bit bitter at the words, "If I was favorite, I wouldn't have to go through things that I did. "

The goddess smiled her eyes holding warmth as she gently patted him on his head, " that was your fate, my dear, no one can change someone's fate not even me. "

" But why me ??? Why do I have to go through all these things...??? For what am I being punished for ?? " Jungkook burst down in tears.

He felt a warm embrace surrounding him, " this life is meant to be a journey for suffering, it's not just you it's everyone. Everyone is struggling in their own way but that doesn't mean your pain doesn't matter, you have lived a hard life, my child. "

It took a second for Jungkook to calm down looking at the goddess who was giving him a warm smile.

" do you look at that ?? " she pointed at the other side of the glass.

Jungkook nodded.

" that's a world built for supernaturals, it's been centuries since we first realized that the supernaturals and humans can not co-exist but it took us a long time to build a separate world for them, a safe paradise. " she smiled at Jungkook, a soft motherly smile.

Jungkook smiled back, not sure why he was being told that. The next sentence made him choke on air just by its absurdity.

" you have been chosen to be that world's guardian Jungkook ".

*******

A/n🌸

Hope you liked the update 💜❤