19

Hello ❣

Sorry for disappearing please expect an update almost every day from now on. Going to focus on this book completely.

********

The change in dynamic after getting mated was clearly visible

Their soul stones have now grown bright setting firmly on their naval, now glowing with a complete glow.

Jin and Yoongi were in the kitchen preparing a feast for the group to celebrate their mate bonds, Jungkook wanted to invite his friends however, due to the new mate bond they all were still a little bit possessive of each other and a bit vulnerable due to the unfamiliar feeling settling in their gut.

In such a case calling an outsider into the pack coven was far away from an intelligent decision.

" Yoongi hyung, I can help you. You can finish your song. "

Jungkook smiled softly walking to Yoongi looking eager to help as he walked into the kitchen completely unaware of the five pairs of eyes stuck on his face.

Yoongi for once looked baffled,
"W- what ?? What did you say ?? "

Jungkook looked confused his head tilted as he looked at Yoongi, not understanding the siren's reaction.

" You were saying it through your mind link ??? "

"My mind link was closed ???? " Yoongi looked at him, his expression blank not showing anything even his mind was blank as if the siren was consciously keeping his mind blank to not let Jungkook peep into his brain.

" It might be because he is a mermaid, maybe that's why .... Don't think much about it baby ' Seokjin stepped up not sure if he was addressing Jungkook or Yoongi but it seemed to work.

It could be possible that a mermaid soulmate could listen to mind links even with mental barriers.

It wasn't like they can search it up, mind links and soulmate bonds are sensitive topics in conservative.

Jungkook took a deep breath, bowing down, "I had no idea you had a mind barrier hyung, I could just hear it, the offer is still on the table though"

Yoongi smiled, ruffling the mermaid's hair, "don't worry bun, I love doing this would not give this up for the world baby, yes I have work but I can manage"

Jungkook smiled nodding his head before taehyung come to drag him away back to the cuddle pile.

As the two sirens finished cooking placing the pots of bubbling stew and other dishes on the table nudging the others to join on the dining table.

"Rrrriiinnnnggg..... Rrrriiinnnggg..."

Everyone turned their attention to Namjoon, who huffed before getting up to pick up the landline on the side of the television.

The way his fave changed expression was visible, the color drained from his face, and whatever the person on the other side was saying must have been really fucking serious as droplets of sweat started to collect on his forehead making him struggle a bit to hold the phone to his ear. Almost everyone at the table could feel the fear and stress radiating from the siren.

Within the next heartbeat, everyone was around their leader as he placed the phone back in the holder.

"We received a call from the mermaid council, it is confirmed the weapon is out and no one knows what it is". Namjoon looked at his mates who collectively sucked a breath in.

The dinner was long forgotten as Namjoon, Yoongi and Jin had to leave immediately for a mermaid-siren council meeting and as Hoseok took over himself to make sure the youngest three have their food, it just wasn't the same.

Jungkook played with the food on his plate moving it around with the chopsticks before finally gathering the courage to look up at the others sitting at the table.

" What is the weapon hyung??"

Hoseok breathed in deeply as if he had expected this question to pop up but didn't expect it to be so early.

" It is something that is birthed out of revengeful, angry, and sad mermaids. They had prayed day and night to the devil to bless them with something that will destroy the whole siren community, but it was centuries ago as their anger calmed down they tried to destroy the weapon and unknowingly angered the devil who later took it back but just a decade later the weapon appeared back again and this time no one touched it, they kept it in a safe space but centuries after centuries passed and people forgot about it but just a few decades ago the broken shell was found as if someone had forcefully freed the weapon on the water. It was originally made to eradicate sirens but mermaids are scared that maybe the devil had tampered with the weapon after being angry to kill them too."

Jungkook looked at the elder wide-eyed, he didn't know that, so the weapon, or whatever it is is equally dangerous for both of them.

Jimin huffed coming to envelop Jungkook in a firm back hug, "do not worry about it, no matter what happens we all will be fine. We have our gods with us and everyone is trying their best, for all we know it might not even be a weapon in the first place."

Jungkook nodded his head melting on the firm chest of the siren who slowly kissed him on his neck trying to relax the mermaid.

And it seems to be working beautifully.

Although the older sirens didn't come home that night the other three tried their best to keep Jungkook's mind off of the sudden change in their plans for the night.

It was not enough to fill the gap left of others but it calmed him down nonetheless.

He missed the worried glances of the mermaid as he slowly fall asleep curled on Taehyung's lap.

******

A/n ❤💜

Hope you all liked it.

(See you tomorrow with new update)